“Extended Stay, Treated like Pampered Guests”

Courtyard Fort Myers at I-75 and Gulf Coast Town Center
Ranked #28 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Prior to my four week stay at the Courtyard Marriott Gulf Coast Town Center, I didn't have any real expectations for my lodging. Sure, I assume that with a Courtyard, you get what you always get at a Courtyard: clean rooms, free WiFi, comp'd breakfast, decent furnishings, and all-in-all, a convenient, albeit forgettable stay. That was NOT the case at the Gulf Coast Town Center location: while the amenities may be the same, the STAFF was the true difference maker. The polite and professional individuals that run this establishment ensured that my stay was one of royalty (I exaggerate but not by much).

First off, lets talk logistics. This Courtyard is in the outskirts of a very large, retail shopping area that houses dozens of restaurants, bars, and shops. Whether you're looking for a beer, golf balls, surf board, or a steak dinner, the Gulf Coast Town Center has got it. Basically all of the shops and restaurants are walkable, with the farthest shop (Target) about 3/4 a mile away. Perhaps the closest establishment to the Courtyard is also one of the best: LA Fitness. If you're not thrilled with the rather pedestrian workout room (a handful of cardio machines, free weight dumbbells, etc), the Courtyard offers a few daily passes to the LA Fitness, which has more than enough fitness offerings.

The Courtyard building is nothing out of the realm of a standard Courtyard. Four floors, decent lobby, hot breakfast but not restaurant (so many other restaurants to pick from), outdoor pool and hottub, a boardroom, and a couple computers to print off your boarding passes.

As I mentioned before, the Courtyard staff is the real game-changer for this location. Since the staff knew me and my colleagues were staying for an extended time, they took the time to know our names, anticipate our needs, and provide the necessities to make sure we had an enjoyable time. Most all of the staff held this customer-focused attitude but here are a few specific standouts I had to note:
Ron - manager who went out of his way to help provide transportation to a golf and boating outing. Free of charge (though we tipped of course), on-time and convenient, he shuttled us without hesitation or compliant. Super friendly and can't express how accommodating
Sam - front of the house and served us with a smile, took interest in our stay and made sure all was taken care of
Haley - front of the house, not a better way to be greeted from a long flight or busy day than with Haley; went out of her way to be attentive to our specific needs
Matt - another manager whom helped us plan and strategize our free time and coordinate transportation; he seemed to run the show so props to him for hiring and retaining quality talent.
Willy - I mostly saw Willy at breakfast but he was so friendly at getting me a table and making sure my drink order was waiting for me after I returned from the buffet. In fact everyone helping at breakfast was great, though beside Oscar, their names escape me.
Jeff - the bartender who remember my drink order after night one and always took extra care to make sure our glasses were filled.

Overall I can't say enough positive things about the staff and my stay at this Courtyard. The establishment is a well-oiled machine but has a generous amount of hospitality and personal catering (via the staff) that sets it above and beyond any 3 star hotel I've had the pleasure of staying at before.

Room Tip: Get to know the staff, ask them questions about the Gulf Coast Town Center. Also inquire about the...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
John M, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Myers at I-75 and Gulf Coast Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

I want to sincerely thank you for taking the time to write such an extensive review about our hotel and our outstanding staff. I will pass it along to all the staff to remind them what a terrific job they do and it is appreciated . We greatly appreciate your business and look forward to your return.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

Stayed overnight at this hotel for an early morning flight out of RSW. Clean room, comfortable bed and quiet. The only issue we encountered during our stay is that we could not get a space in early morning van (a minivan) to RSW, so we had to option for an earlier schedule.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank zsrbay
John M, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Myers at I-75 and Gulf Coast Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Thanks very much for staying with us and the great feedback. However, I do apologize that our vans were full for the intial time you wanted to depart. We greatly appreciate your business and look forward to having you again.

Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel overnight, Great location! near by gas station grocery stores and many restaurants. The hotel is located next to Fort Myers alehouse so if you like game and beer that the place, just walking distance from hotel. Lobby is modern, Room feel updated and clean.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Thanks very much for taking the time to tell everyone what a great hotel we have and the excellent location. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you next time you travel to Ft Myers,

Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is super close to the airport and to I-75. It is new, so it has fairly thin walls. The room was clean, bed was comfortable. Bedding is typical of a courtyard, so super thin. The hotel is fine. They are doing construction across from the front of the hotel, so the backside is more quiet. Staff is friendly.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
John M, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Myers at I-75 and Gulf Coast Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to talk about our hotel. We greatly appreciate your business and look forward to you using us again the next time you are in Ft Myers.

Genera Manager

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights during the Ft. Myers Boat Show. It looks and feels pretty new.

While it was 15 miles from the event, the hotel had some nice amenities and was right on the campus of a huge mall (Gulf Coast Town Center). This made for an easy time finding food and other items. There's also a Costco and LA Fitness in that same complex, so all of your necessities were there. It's very close to the Airport (RSW), so that was very convenient. The shuttle got us there in less than 10 minutes. The shuttle doesn't run 24/7, so you'll need to book a ride, I believe. I caught the first return ride of the day (5am), so they can easily accommodate people heading out on those early 6:30am flights.

The hotel had free wifi in the rooms, so that was great. It also had a decent fitness center, too, for those that aren't members of LA Fitness. They had a good set of dumbbells, yoga mats, 2 benches, 1 eliptical machine, and two treadmills. There were also towels, cleaner, a water station, and a TV in there.

My only gripe is that the hotel was a bit noisy. People running up and down the hall and neighbors talking in their rooms were fairly easily heard. Thankfully I only heard things a few times.

Other than that, it's a complete and convenient choice for a business traveler.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
John M, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Myers at I-75 and Gulf Coast Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

I want to sincerely thank you for taking the time to write about our hotel. We greatly appreciate the comments. The shuttle does run 24/7 which is information for your next visit just in case you flight is even earlier. Thanks again for staying with us and look forward to your return.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

There is no closer, more convenient hotel, if flying from Ft. Myers airport. This is a fairly typical Courtyard, with helpful, friendly service, comfortable rooms and plethora of good restaurants literally within walking distance. Even though we live within an hour's drive of the airport, we'll be returning any time we have an early flight.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
John M, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Myers at I-75 and Gulf Coast Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to write about the hotel. We are excited that you had a great stay and that it is a perfect location for you to travel in and out of Ft Myers. We look forward to you using us in the near future.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Spent two separate weeks here and enjoyed both stays. You CAN NOT beat the location as this property is located within the Gulf Coast Town Center with enough meal choices and shops (all that can be walked to) to keep one busy. The lobby area has a saltwater aquarium and the staff is friendly, they assisted me with copying and faxing some documents. They still had the old school breakfast buffet and depending on what time you arrived the area could be filled up leaving no where to sit. Found out there was a company that had a bunch of folks there that week and they all came down at about the same time. I realized this after the second day and adjusted my breakfast time (later) and had the place to my self.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
John M, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Myers at I-75 and Gulf Coast Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Thanks you so much for staying with us and for the outstanding comments. We greatly appreciate you business and look forward to you staying with us again.