New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Courtyard Fort Myers at I-75 and Gulf Coast Town Center

Courtyard Fort Myers at I-75 and Gulf Coast Town Center
Ranked #24 of 60 Hotels in Fort Myers
Brighton
“Split stay but excellence service on both visits”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Our company uses this hotel on a regular basis as we have a training facility in Fort Myers. During my stay (Saturday - Tuesday & returned on the Friday) I found the staff very professional and willing to help. A good example is that I left at 5.30am on the Wednesday but the restaurant team provided freshly cut fruit and tea despite the restaurant not opening for another hour. I also left a bag there whilst i went to Orlando for a few days rather than lugging everything there and back. The rooms were spacious and clean with a good choice of TV programmes ( Live English football on ESPN Saturday morning). Did not eat an evening meal so unable to comment on quality of meals outside breakfast. The hotel also provides a bus service to whether you wish to go so a $5 tip was much cheaper than the $22 a taxi will charge you to go to or from the airport.

During your visit go and shop at Giacomo Battaglia (shirt shop and fine Italian clothing). He has a superb range of shirts at $140 and a great welcome - was invited to share a beer or wine with the owner and his friends. The owner used to dress Frank Sinatra (he will show you the write up in a local newspaper about him and Frank :-) - great sales guy.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
John M, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Myers at I-75 and Gulf Coast Town Center, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
The team and I at the Courtyard by Marriott Gulf Coast Town Center in Ft Myers would like to sincerely thank you for choosing our hotel and appreciate all of the great comments. We look forward to you staying with us on your next visit. Thanks again for your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Very clean and well run. The pool area is large and many loungers to pick from.
All areas of Hotel are neat and organized.
This location is excellent with numerous shopping and dining options with a 4-6 block walking distance.
Fort Myers airport is 5 minutes away by car. No airport noise at all.
The internet via wireless is not reliable. If you can connect the cord in the room it works fine.
They need to get that fixed now not later.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
John M, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Myers at I-75 and Gulf Coast Town Center, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thanks very much for staying at our hotel and providing the terrific comments about the hotel. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Washington, DC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

I wrote an earlier review about the Internet at this hotel. At thst time, management replied that their Internet service would be upgraded soon. That review was in August 2012; it's now December 2013. The Internet -- when it works -- is almost too slow to use. But last night/this morning it just does not work. I reported this to the desk, and they told me they would call for service. I stayed in Room 101.

I need Internet coverage for my work. So after about 7 stays at this hotel, I will not return.

If you need reliable Internet service, do not stay here.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank lwhitmandc
I want to sincerely apologize that you did not have good internet service. We upgraded the service in July and we have had great feedback from many of our regular guests. We appreciate you trying us again and will use your comments to help us continue to improve the service even greater. I hope that you will consider us in the future and hopefully we can resolve the issues that you have had in the past.
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Located in the Gulf Coast Town Center shopping center, this hotel is right on top of numerous shopping and dining options, making it a very convenient place to stay. It is 5 minutes max to the Ft. Myers airport, which is great if you need to get to the airport quickly. The hotel is clean, modern, and very comfortable. Courteous staff and decent pool area are pluses. There is a restaurant on site that serves breakfast only, which at $10 a head is decent (though the eggs were runny). The hotel is a reasonably easy drive to great beaches at Ft. Myers, Sanibel, Bonita Springs, and Naples. All in all, a pleasant, comfortable hotel within easy access of southwest Florida attractions.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
John M, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Myers at I-75 and Gulf Coast Town Center, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
I want to sincerely thank you for staying at the Courtyard by Marriott at Gulf Coast Town Center. We are glad you and your family had a wonderful stay with us. When you come to Ft Myers either on leisure or business we look forward to you staying with us each and every time.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Normal Courtyard hotel room layout. Great beds, nice sofa to sit and work or watch TV. SUPER clean room.
When i booked this hotel, I didn't realize it was literally in the middle of shopping and dining. Nice surprise.

Friendly staff, nice breakfast. Highly recommended!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
John M, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Myers at I-75 and Gulf Coast Town Center, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
I just want to say thanks very much for staying with us. We greatly appreciate you recommending our hotel. We are glad you had a terrific stay and look forward to having you on your next visit to Southwest FL.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I love this hotel! The rooms are super clean and very large. The staff was excellent. Free pass the local LA Fitness and more restaurants within walking distance than you could believe. I wish I could stay here on every business trip!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
John M, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Myers at I-75 and Gulf Coast Town Center, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
The staff and I want to say thank you for the great comments for your recent stay with us. We hope you have many more business and leisure trips to Ft, Myers FL and stay with us at the Courtyard by Marriott at Gulf Coast Town Center.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Very large clean rooms. Close to the airport, Bas Pro Shop, Carrabbas and other shopping and dining. Nice breakfast menu and shuttle vans. Pool area is nice as is the bar area. Great alternative to the beach.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
John M, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Myers at I-75 and Gulf Coast Town Center, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
I want to sincerely thank you for spending the time to write such terrific commnets about our hotel and look forward to your return and welcome all the new potential guests whom you recommended us to them.