“When in Ft Myers I always stay here...”

Courtyard Fort Myers at I-75 and Gulf Coast Town Center
Ranked #30 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Reviewed November 1, 2011

One is very conveniently located off I-75 in the same plaza as the Gulf Coast Town center, which is a very nice outdoor mall. Lots of places to shop and eat, the staff has always been super friendly and helpful. Rooms ae always comfortable and clean. I only stay at Marriotts and this is on my list of favorites.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank kmatos
John M, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Myers at I-75 and Gulf Coast Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2011

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Gulf Coast Town Center. We greatly appreicate your feedback and look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Ft Myers, FL

Reviewed September 15, 2011

This place is new looking and VERY CLEAN. I have stayed at 5 star hotels that are not as well kept as this place is. The people are nice too. Cute chicks at the counter, etc. It is a 20-30 minute ride to Ft Meyers beach though and then further on to Sanibel and Captiva. It would be a lot closer but there is a wildlife preserve that you have to drive around. It is VERY close though to the new Red Sox Jet Blue Park that is being built and to the airport. It is in one of these modern mallish village communities with shops and restaurants nearby within walking distance and it is close to the airport. The pool is not huge but clean looking. They have a slatwater aquarium in the lobby that the kids will like. One minor complaint I have and this might not be their fault is that the taxi service that they use is kind of shabby- smoke filled dirty yellow cabs- but their shuttles will bring you short distances like to the airport though. I just found out that the nice clean van taxis at the airport cannot pick up outside the airport so that might be why. This is not a resort... but it is in a clean and seamingly safe area. There is a Ron Jon's surf shop within a quick walk... a Bass Pro shop... Best Buy... and lots of stores and restaurants. Watch your kids- there are fireworks stores within a quick drive! There are also alligators in a nearby lake behind the Bass Pro Shop but I haven't seen them yet.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 13, 2011

A group of us met here for my birthday weekend since we all lived throughout Florida. We chose this since it was close to most the activities we were going to be doing, and near a few people we knew. the beds are SO comfortable!! and the rooms are very clean. really enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed August 27, 2011

I am currently staying at this Marriott, we like it but there's better out there..and here's why -

As a Marriott Platinum Premier Elite guest I have the pleasure of staying at many Marriott properties.
At check-in the clerk offered my wife the gift card - and when I checked in - the clerk did not recognize me as a platinum member - this is one of the key items in customer service at Marriotts, those of us who know this appreciate it. The hotel is clean in appearance but may not be so otherwise we noticed mold-like blotches in the a/c vents in the breakfast area, and the Wi-Fi is slow. The rooms - or atleast the one I was given was given to me as an upgrade but was surprisingly small. Imagine a room slightly bigger than a European hotel room. I talked to the front desk, and was informed (again) this was an upgrade as there was a spa bathroom (bath tub with jets). Small living area, but a bathroom twice the size of the living area.

I called Marriott Platinum premier elite line to assist me with my reservation in checking if this really was an upgrade - and they called the front desk. They were informed the same, that this was an upgrade. When the Premier guest agent tried to negotiate to get a free breakfast thrown in to make up for the small room, they were told regardless of being a platinum premier this was an upgrade and that since they had already given us enough of a freeby with the room upgrade (higher priced due to the bathtub with jets! - really?) so all in all they would not include breakfast.
This was a huge disappointment for us.

I do understand, Courtyards have the discretion on whether on not to provide breakfast but to treat a platinum guest like this - I have to say there is better out there.
This morning we had breakfast - which I have to say was good, but it was not so much the food (eggs to order, waffles, etc..) as it was the attentive staff that made up for the the $21 + $4 tip breakfast we had. I enjoyed the service.

I think this property and its front desk staff and manager/GM need to understand the value of Marriott platinum guests. Sorry to say, they miss the point of appreciating members whose loyalty makes Marriott what it is today.

If we had to choose we'd chose the Springhill Suites and recommend that for the following reasons - it is a suite so more room regardless, no cramped spaces, free breakfast and wi-fi - and costs less.

Room Tip: Call to ensure the room is not a spa room - which is what we had bathtub with jets - so a small/cram...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
John M, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Myers at I-75 and Gulf Coast Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2011

I want to first thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott at Gulf Coast Town Center and for being a very loyal customer to Marriott. I want to sincerely apologize that you were not recognized as a Marriott Platinum Premier guest during check-in and did not feel appreciated during your stay with us. I have personally spoken to the Front Desk Manager and associates to remind them and make sure they understand how valuable loyal Marriott customers are to the success of our business. We do appreciate all types of feedback which allows us to continue to improve and continue to be a terrific place to stay in Ft Myers. Again, I deeply apologize and hope that the next time you are in Ft Myers you will give us another try so that we may give you the appreciation that you deserve just like so many others have enjoyed very much over the years.

Reviewed August 21, 2011

We stayed at this hotel as it was close to the Germain Arena where we were going to a show. This is one of the nicest Courtyard's I've ever seen. A pretty, clean lobby that overlooks the pool, has a great aqaurium and a nice bar. The rooms are nice and large and again very clean. The check-in clerk was extremely friendly. The breakfast area is across from the front desk. It's fairly small but holds quite a few tables. The waitress was very friendly and accommodating. (It was a little confusing though because the sign in front of the breakfast room almost gives you the impression that breakfast is included, which it's not). The location is great - right by a new large shopping and dining center. We'd stay at this hotel again in a heartbeat and would recommend it to anyone coming to this area.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel a couple of times on business. We like that we can walk out the back door over to the Gult Coast shopping center, which is a new outdoor shopping mall with many good restaurants. The rooms are very nice/new and large and the staff is very helpful. I wouldnt really suggest this hotel however for vacation since it's about a 30 minute drive to the beach. It does have a nice pool though. You can save $20 or so a night by staying at Marriott's Springhill Suites nearby. It is just as nice and has a FREE breakfast but is not within walking distance of shopping and dining.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 19, 2011

Nice location relative to airport. Breakfast buffet was also easily accessible and very affordable for the amount of food offered - restaurant servers were attentive and helpful. Rooms were clean and spacious enough to spread out after a long day of traveling. My only complaint is that when the bill was slid under my door around 6AM someone knocked on my door.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business