“BEST HOTEL IN FORT MYERS”

Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers - Colonial Blvd
Ranked #1 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Reviewed January 2, 2014

You should always stay at this hotel.... THE VERY BEST!!! You should always stay at this hotel.... THE VERY BEST!!! You should always stay at this hotel.... THE VERY BEST!!! You should always stay at this hotel.... THE VERY BEST!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
2  Thank josephlarocca
jwswfl, Owner at Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers - Colonial Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Thank you for the Very Best Review. Thank you for writing these comments down for everyone to see. It is because we have the very best Team working at the Hotel that you feel this way. Thank you for staying with us. Please come back to Fort Myers and stay with us again!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers - Colonial Blvd

Reviewed December 29, 2013

I’ve been to Ft Myers many times but this is the first time staying at this hotel; and I can assure you it will not be my last. I am a firm believer that great customer service makes for a good recipe for bringing repeat business, and boy do the staff at the Hampton Inn & Suites deliver! From the moment we arrived, i was warmly greeted by Mandy. She smiled the whole time, and was very informative about the hotel amenities during our checking in process. That first impression surely made me feel welcomed. The following morning during our check out process we received the same awesome treatment from a young man at the front desk (sorry I forgot his name). He was also very friendly and helpful. Even the lady tending the breakfast area was most welcoming and accommodating. These kind of employees are an example of what every customer service business should be about. Hampton Inn & Suites must be doing something right, and I hope they continue doing it. These employees create a very positive perception about the hotel on the eyes of their guests.
But service alone is not what makes this hotel so special. They have the most comfortable beds i’ve slept on, in a hotel of this category. The room was spacious. It had a flat screen TV which my son enjoyed fully, and high speed internet included. There were many plugs with easy access available, for computers and cell phones, a fridge, a microwave oven, and a coffee maker. The bathroom was spotless, as was the rest of our room. We were on the third floor overlooking the pool. A nice warm breakfast is included, which also includes a great variety of cereals, fruit, juices and pastries. On top of that, the hotel offers warm chocolate chip cookies in the lobby! How cool is that?!! The hotel is not at the beach or near anything interesting within walking distance, but it is located a short drive away from many nice attractions in Ft Myers. If you don’t mind the driving, go for it!! This is a hotel you will be happy you stayed at. I for one, will make it my “it” place when in Ft Myers. Thanks for everything Hampton Inn $ Suites! You’ve gained another repeat happy customer!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jast64

This is an awesome review!! You certainly travel and your glowing review means everything to us. Mandy and Landon along with Gina or Cindy in Breakfast are four of the reason that people love staying with us. We are very lucky to be working with them. You had such a great experience and from the beds to our team from cleanliness to the warm cookies, I really hope you get a chance to come back for a visit. Also thanks for the great pictures. They really make the hotel look fabulous. Thanks for staying with us and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Nice, clean hotel. Reception was excellent. Breakfast include, which was fine: hot items, cold cereals, juices, coffee, tea, etc. Perfectly fine hotel approximately 15-20 minutes from the beach. Prices were reasonable considering the time of year.

2  Thank Adventureman1492

Thank you for your nice review. I am so glad that you found our hotel reception excellent and the value reasonable. Your review means a lot to us! Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you again very soon. Have a great 2014.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Thank you to the exhuberant staff at this hotel. This place was exciting, warm, and beautiful. Pool was open during December and warm. Rooms were beautiful. After a 12 hour drive, we arrived around noon and were able to check in as well as receive a free room upgrade to a suite. Rooms were a great size and one would never want to leave. Great views of the city. Restaurants nearby. Shopping within minutes. Front desk staff were very helpful, courteous, inviting, and professional. Hotel was about 5 to 10 minutes from I-75. It was located between two relatives and easy driving in either direction. It was a quiet, restful visit. The breakfast was delicious. Television and coffee for the late nights. If I am ever in this area, I will definitely stay here again. Just needs more pillows on the beds. Other than pillows, all was excellent. We found entertainment for the family just minutes away. And the value for the stay was the best we could have asked for. A really friendly hotel.

Room Tip: Any room is a great room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank RedFone

Wow thanks for this exuberant review. The time and energy it took you to write it is really appreciated. I am thrilled that after such a long drive that we could provide the perfect haven for you to recuperate and enjoy your time off. Thank you for your comment about the pillows. Beginning soon all Hamptons will have four pillows per bed, it is a new standard. So next time you are in town that upgrade should be in place, but if it is not please contact the Front Desk and we will bring you more. Thanks for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

We spent two and a half weeks in Fort Myers and started off at another property before moving to the Hampton Inn and Suites. We had two children and a baby with us, so comfy long term accommodations were a must. The first thing that impressed me was the friendliness of the staff. The baby was crying when we arrived and Megan had our room keys ready and got us checked in immediately. We were also greeted by Lorena and Barbara who both asked if they could do anything to get us unloaded and settled quickly. The two queen bedroom suite was spacious, clean and comfy. The microwave and mini fridge made it easy to eat in room for some meals. The hotel was quiet, despite flooring work that was politely done between 11-3. Anthony and his maintenance team were making sure that guests weren't inconvenienced. The hotel seemed to have many regular repeat guests, and its no wonder why. Managers Jeff and Landon go out of their way to make you feel at home. I saw Landon interacting with guests long after his shift ended...you can tell he loves what he does. I don't think I've ever encountered a friendlier hotel staff, and we travel extensively. Breakfast was fresh and delicious, the pool area relaxing and the location is perfect to shopping and beaches. You will love this place... We will definitely be back again and again!

• Stayed: December 2013
5  Thank maximomof6
jwswfl, Owner at Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers - Colonial Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2013

Thank you for staying so many nights with us during your vacation in Fort Myers. Your review is so fantastic. Thank you for writing it and pointing out so many of our team members. I am also so glad that you enjoyed our new breakfast. We have upgraded so many items and now have wonderful eggs, scones, red skin potatoes and fresh sliced fruit. I am really happy to hear that our tile repair work did not inconvenience your stay. Knowing that you will be back to our hotel makes all our efforts worthwhile. I hope that you and your family come back and see me and my family again very soon.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

We selected this hotel as it was centrally located to the places we wanted to visit (Edison/Ford winter homes, downtown Fort Myers, Sarasota, Naples, Lovers Key State Park). When we arrived for our six night stay, they were installing new ceramic tile in the lobby and common area. Yes, the carpet in the hallways upstairs is past it's prime, but it is scheduled to be replaced after the first of the year. Our room was neat and clean and in good repair. The carpet looks fairly new...much better shape than the hall. All of the fixtures and shelves were spotless; furniture in good condition and comfortable; shower curtain pristine and the bedding neat and clean.

What makes this place shine is the excellent staff. Turns out that several of them have been working together over 12 years, 7 of them at this hotel. Everything ran smoothly and with a smile. Even the housekeeping staff had a smile and "hello" when you passed them in the hall. I hate to mention names as I will surely forget someone, but Mandy checked us in and had a few words to share with us every morning when we left to sightsee. Barbara handled the nights and was every bit as pleasant and nice. Gina runs the breakfast area with a big smile that lights up the room. She took every and any request in stride. There are many others...all of them wonderful!

We travel a great deal throughout the country and visit two dozen or more hotels every year. Without a doubt, this facility is one of the best run and friendliest hotels we have ever had the pleasure to visit. In fact, we liked it so much we decided to come back in February! No, they are not on the beach, but they are world class in customer service and only a short drive to the beach.

Room Tip: This hotel is in a business park and away from the highway. I don't think there is a "bad...
3  Thank LOVETOTRAVEL778

If you could see me now I have the biggest smile on my face. I am just so lucky to be working with this great team. Thank you so much for this perfect, excellent review. The best part is knowing you are coming back in February. That means we really are as great as your review says. We are family here at the hotel and we love inviting our guests into our home. Thank you for staying 6 nights at our hotel and for writing such a glowing review. Mandy, Barbara, & Gina will all be waiting to see you again in February. Have a happy holiday!

Reviewed December 18, 2013

As usual a superb stay at this home away from home place, the friendliness and professionalism of it's staff is superb, there is always a friendly face to greet you from the day we checked in till the day we checked out, pretty much every one knew our names and was always ready to help and greet us. Very clean and affordable, specially very professionally run, thanks guys for a wonderful time, will be back next year.
It is close to the beach and any shopping needed so no long driving was done.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ferchonyc61

Thank you for staying with us and writing such a beautiful review. I am so thankful for working with a great team of highly motivated professional hoteliers. I thank you for being such a great motivator too because that is what you review does, it makes us want to be great. I am so glad that you had such a friendly home away from home. I am really glad to hear you will be back next year. We are looking forward to your visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Myers
Hilton Garden Inn Fort Myers
Hilton Garden Inn Fort Myers
#23 of 59 in Fort Myers
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers ...
#10 of 47 in Fort Myers Beach

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers - Colonial Blvd? Share your experiences!