“The Best Hotel in South Florida”

Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers - Colonial Blvd
Ranked #1 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
“The Best Hotel in South Florida”
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is truly our home away from home. The staff make you feel like family. They are nice, attentive and accomodating. Any and everything you need will be taken care of with warm smiles. The rooms are clean which to me means more than anything. The food is great and the pool is always open and clean which means a lot with children. If you are visiting Fort Myers this the hotel to book your reservation with.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
jwswfl, Owner at Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers - Colonial Blvd, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and writing such a great review. I never tire of hearing that we are your home away from home. True we are a great hotel when traveling with family. I am so glad that you enjoyed our heated pool and free breakfast. Thank you for your kind recommendation to future readers of your review. I hope you come back to Fort Myers soon and please stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Fort Myers, Florida, United States
Reviewed November 14, 2013

For the last four or five years, this has been our go-to hotel for putting up family when they visit. Rooms are always spotless and the breakfast is super convenient and a huge money saver. What makes the place stand out for me though is the service. The staff at the front desk always remembers our family and treats us like we were part of theirs.

Room Tip: Because we spend time at the hotel visiting with relatives, we usually opt for the suites.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mike D
Thank you for choosing us as your go to hotel for your family these last five years. Your impressive review is perfect. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I love hearing that the value of our hotel and breakfast is a money saver. Your family is our family. We look forward to having you all stay with us again very soon.
Harrisburg
Reviewed November 13, 2013

The hotel overall is poor - for a Hampton Inn & Suites. I expected better management and issues to be resolved immediately upon one call, not two or three. The hotel management has other employees do the dirty work. Asked for late checkout and was charged for a complete night stay, even when checking out prior to check in time. Reported electrical issues in bathroom, not taken care of in a timely manner. Front desk staff would walk away from desk and not return in a reasonable time. I expect lots more from a Hampton. Truly, I expect near excellence for the price and brand.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank George F
jwswfl, Owner at Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers - Colonial Blvd, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you for your review and for the time it took you to share your experience. I am so terribly sorry for all the trouble you encounter during your stay. I am the Owner and General Manager so Upper Management starts and stops with me. Our hotel team usually goes way above and beyond to solve problems and satisfy our guest as you can see from our previous review. I want to thank you for bringing these issues to my attention. While I do work at the hotel 5 days a week some issue do not reach me until it is too late.

Our Check-out time is 11am. We usually grant an extension when we are not sold out but after 1pm we charge a 1/2 day rate. If you check out later than 3pm (which is out check-in time) then we charge a full day rate. We are a busy hotel and the day you checked out we were sold out again. Our Check Out time of 11am allows us time to clean and maintain a room so that it is ready for our next guest to check in at 3pm. You asked for the room until 6pm which is why a full day charge occurred. While you did check out early at 3:38pm it was still past our check–in time making difficult for us to accommodate our next guest to check into that room.

I am so happy that we found your shoes & hat and we could assist you with the items you left behind by sending them to you at our expense. After our e-mail correspondence I am so glad that you are now 100% Satisfied with everything we did to win you back. Thank you again for staying with us, please come back and stay with us again.
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We stopped at this Hampton on the way back up from the Florida Keys. We stayed for 2 nights and had a great room which overlooked the pool. We stayed in a room with a King Bed and a studio area with a sleep sofa. The bathroom was very large and I loved the layout of the shelving for the towels. The staff at the front desk was very friendly and always helpful. Our only concern was the breakfast area. Although it was ok, we found that things were not stocked and the variety was not as great as what we normally see during our Hampton stays. As a matter of fact, on the day of depature-Monday- there was only Skim milk out. When I asked the staff member, she said she'd check. She returned and said they were out of milk and someone needed to go to the store. We waited over 30 minutes and no milk was ever put out. Although this would not be a reason not to stay there again, we just found it not be to up to normal Hampton standards to have a variety of meats and at least 2 types of milk. We would stay again, but would definitely recommend they re-visit the breakfast selections.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
jwswfl, Owner at Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers - Colonial Blvd, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay at our hotel. While I am so glad that you enjoyed our rooms and friendly team I am very sorry that Breakfast was not great. Running out of milk should never happen but that morning we did and we were not quick enough to get back in time with the supplies that we needed. Our breakfast and all Hampton Breakfasts are getting a great upgrade in the quality of food in December of this year. We have new scrambled eggs, new Turkey Sausages, New French Toast Sticks, and new fresh cut fruit just to name a few. I promise that we will do a better job at training and managing the breakfast so that we do not run out of any product in the future. Thank you for staying with us and please come back to our hotel
Sorrento, Florida
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

The reviews were so good! How could this place be that wonderful? But it was! The front desk so helpful and so friendly!

Very clean. Fourth floor carpet coming off the elevator and down the hall is spotted and needs to be replaced or a heavy duty cleaning, but our room was spotless.

I was very happy with our stay. We got a great rate on Expedia.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cindy K
jwswfl, Owner at Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers - Colonial Blvd, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
I love it when our guests find our reviews hard to believe and then they check in. I am so happy to hear that all our reviews stand up to your recent experience. Thank you so much for writing about your stay and becoming a fan. I agree that our hallway carpets need help. We are replacing all our hallway carpet soon. To be honest with you I have had a hard time finding a good quality carpet with a design that I like which does not look like a carnival exploded. But I think I found it and we should be installing new carpet in January. Thank you for staying with us and we hope that you stay with us again.
Maryland
Reviewed November 11, 2013

My family and I traveled from Maryland for a wedding in Ft. Myers.
This hotel went above and beyond. Everyone that I had the pleasure of talking to was extremely helpful. We enjoyed our stay. Clean guestrooms, spacious, and the breakfast in the morning was perfect. Thanks again for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank swtheartmb03
Wow what an impressive review. Thank so very much for taking the time to write about your stay. We hope you had a great time at the wedding. I love hearing that everything from our great team to our clean rooms to our super breakfast was perfect. Thank you for staying with us. We hope you get to come back to Fort Myers again. Please stay with us on your next visit.
PakmettoBay, United States
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I was just staying the night,passing through with work. The staff knew I wasn't feeling well in the early morning and wanted to call 911. I resisted but they kept following up. On there second follow up I was having a seizure and they called 911. I wound up having had a hearth attack. They do care about their guest.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We are all so happy to read that you are doing well. Brenda our Guest Service Agent did an amazing job we are very proud of the way she handled this situation. Our team was very worried and Brenda called me right after she called 911, she is so relieved that you are doing well. Thank you for taking time to write this review and sharing your experience. I really hope that your travels take you back to our Hotel we would all love to see you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Myers
Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Myers Airport / FGCU
Candlewood Suites Fort Myers Sanibel / Gateway
Hampton Inn Ft. Myers - Airport I-75
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers ...
#11 of 47 in Fort Myers Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,024 reviews
Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Myers
Days Inn & Suites Fort Myers near JetBlue Park

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers - Colonial Blvd? Share your experiences!