“Standard hotel”

Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers - Colonial Blvd
Ranked #1 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I prefer Hampton Inn over other hotels in this class for their consistent above-average standards and reasonable rates. The bed was quite comfortable and room was clean (I noticed the note that says they even wash the duvet covers between guests!). There is a mini fridge and microwave in the room as well. The hotel is close to I-75 which is nice, but there are not many restaurant choices within walking distance.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 29Ice
jwswfl, Owner at Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers - Colonial Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

Thank you for your super review. The key with Hampton is that we are consistent and that you can count on us for a great stay every time, which is very reassuring. Thank you so much for staying with us. I am also pleased that our location worked for you. We are 3 miles from I-75 so we are close but far enough away to be quiet. I too wish we had more than 3 restaurants that we could walk to (there are over 20 in a 5-mile radius) but city like much of Southwest Florida is spread out and a destination where having a car is helpful. Please come stay with us again when you return to Fort Myers.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,614)

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I always check with Tripadvisor before staying at any hotel, and the reviews for this Hampton Inn were right on! Our Hotel Manager Landon, couldn't have been more helpful. He was friendly, professional and very knowledeable about the area. Our room was comfortable, clean and quiet. The bed linens were so soft and no chemical smell.
We were going to stay only one night, as we thought we might stay the next night in Ft.Myers beach, but because of the staff and location of the hotel we booked a second night.
Will return!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank peggy914

It is really fantastic that because of how we treated you stayed a second night. Thank you for choosing us from the many on Trip Advisor, I am so happy that our stellar team did not let you down. I also want to thank you for taking the time to write this great review and mention how Landon and his team of professionals made your stay as great as the past reviews say. I really hope that the next time you come to Fort Myers you will stay with us again.

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

We took Recommendation
Of other tripadvisor travelers and was not disappointed. On arrival they knew our Hiton Honors preferences and we were pleased. Rooms are large, spacious and clean. The king bed was great. The room was quiet. The breakfast is the typical
Fair. But what makes them outstanding is their staff. We had an iron problem and they resolved quickly. We needed assistance with other arrangements and they were very helpful. We have been to
Many Hamptons and their staff stood above with great friendly Customer service. This is as good a reccomedation as I Have ever given.

• Stayed: April 2013

I love reading review where our guests stayed with us because of past recommendation and they were not disappointed. Thank you so much for this great review. You travel a great deal and your recommendation to our future guests means so much to us! We are so lucky to have such a remarkable team. Are customer service secret is simple; “we just do not like saying no.” Thank you for staying with us and we hope the next time your travels take you to Fort Myers you all will stay with us again.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I traveled on personal business for the last three months (Jan.-Mar.) throughout FL and especially SW FL staying at a number of Hampton Inns. Believe me when I say that none of them even came close to this hotel in terms of professionalism, helpfulness, courteousness, cleanliness, and every other area that guests look for.
After my stay at this Fort Myers hotel, I made a point of staying there even if I had to be in the Naples or other surrounding areas where there were other Hampton Inns. Driving a little bit longer to stay at a hotel that makes you feel that you are their one and only guest is well worth it.
From the moment you walk in the front desk makes you feel special. No matter was too big or small for the staff (from the owner, front desk, housekeeping, maintenance, breakfast preparer, etc.) to assist you with. Every staff member, and I mean EVERY staff member, bends over backward to assist you. If they don’t know an answer or can’t do something for you, they find out who can. They all seem to enjoy their jobs, each other, and especially the guests.
I’ve never stayed at a hotel where all the employees gush about how great their boss is, who by the way, also happens to be the owner. I know that I can be quite difficult and demanding when staying at hotels but this Hampton Inn has surpassed my wildest expectations. It was like being in an exclusive and prestigious hotel without the corresponding price tag.
Oh, by the way, did I mention that even though I have just purchased a rental home in Fort Myers, I’ll still occasionally stay a day or so at this Hampton Inn just so I can feel pampered and special? My only regret in posting this is that if others find out about it, there may not be any rooms available to me!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank JanisZ388

Wow what an amazing review, thanks! Thank you for staying with us and choosing our hotel out of the many option you have in Fort Myers. I am very humbled by your comments and what my team does on a daily basis to make our guests feel pampered & special. We all feel that just because we are a Hampton does not mean we can’t make out guest feel their at the Waldorf-Astoria. We enjoyed the time you spent with us and we are looking forward to your many future stays. P.S. We will always make sure we have a room for you!

Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for a well priced hotel in the Fort Meyers area, this Hampton Inn is an excellet choice. The room and public areas were incredibly clean. The bed and pillows were comfortable, the linens soft and towels plush. The staff couldn't have been nicer - particularly those at the front desk.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank kenscoff

Thank you for this wonderful recommendation and review. I really appreciate the time you took to share your comments about our hotel. We are very lucky to have such a great team at the Front Desk, Housekeeping and Maintenance. They make the hotel look fabulous. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

This hotel is very clean and pleasant. Lobby area is bright and nicely decorated with plenty of seating and two large screen TV's. Daily complimentary breakfast has a great variety and is fresh. Staff is professional, friendly and very helpful. Pool area is really nice. Close to Red Sox and Twins stadiums as well as the airport and Forty Myers Beach. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top (3rd floor) facing east which overlooks a grassy area. Very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LaraineCartier

Thank you for the great review and taking the time to share your comments. We are central to both baseball stadiums and the beaches. I am really glad to hear that our location works out well for you. Thank you for staying with us. I am thrilled to hear you will stay with us again. We look forward to your next trip to Fort Myers.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I am a business traveler and am also in grad school. I had homework due this evening and did not have access to a scanner. The manager/owner of the hotel scanned the document for me so that I could turn in my assignment on time. This helped me a great deal so that I didn't have to run around town finding a scanner! On top of it, Mandy and Barbara are the ladies at the front desk serving up helpfullness with a smile! I had a wonderful nights sleep; bed and pillows were extremely comfy! Very clean, friendly and quiet! What more could you want while on the road! I will definitely be staying here when I am in Ft. Myers on business!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank vmm102

Thank you very much for staying with us. I am so glad I was able to help you make your deadline with your homework. Thank you for writing such a great review. Mandy and Barbara are two of the reasons we are able to make guests feel at home. I am really happy to hear that you will return to us while visiting Fort Myers. We look forward to seeing you again. Hope you got an “A” in Statistics!