“Great Choice in This Area”

Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers - Colonial Blvd
Ranked #1 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
FL Keys
“Great Choice in This Area”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stayed at the Hampton Inn on a business trip. The location is very convenient to the Regional Service Center in Ft. Myers. The hotel looks relatively new and is not on the main road, so there is little traffic noise in the room. When I checked in, my room keys didn’t work so I had to schlep back to the desk to get ones that did. The room was spacious with a king bed, desk, and small sofa. I would like to lose the fake plant on the coffee table. The room came with a refrigerator and microwave. The refrigerator did not have a freezer compartment. Some of the amenities were awkwardly placed. The ice bucket was on a shelf under the sink and the coffee maker was in a cubby behind the bathroom door. A hot breakfast is included with the room. Parking is free. I recommend the hotel if you are looking for accommodations in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank HappyCamper48
jwswfl, Owner at Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers - Colonial Blvd, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for your great review and taking time to share your comments. I am pleased that you found our Hotel close to all you needed to do in our Town. I am sorry that your room key did not work in the initial attempt. I sincerely understand that going up to your room and then having to make the trek back is troublesome. Aside from that issue I am very happy that you had a great overall experience and that you will recommend our Hotel. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you travel to Fort Myers.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Reviewed September 16, 2012

The staff was entirely friendly. The people that stood out the most were Mandy and Landon, this may be because they worked during the days, but the other front desk people seemed very nice and out going. Nick was very nice as well. The housekeeping staff were very nice and polite. I basically wish I could live in this hotel!!!!!

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Kickster1290
jwswfl, Owner at Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers - Colonial Blvd, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thanks for staying with us and writing a Fantastic review. Our Team from the Front Desk to Housekeeping, from Breakfast to Maintenance enjoyed reading these comments and it drives the them to want to consistently make guests happy. Thanking for mentioning Landon, Mandy and Nick. We love that you would want to live here! We hope you return soon so that we can give you another fantastic stay!
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Landon and Mandy are the best. thanks again for another very successful crop event the 2 of them are the best. we keep getting bigger and the overnighters are fantastic the hotel is awesome to accomodate all of us scrapbooking nuts that come in and take over all the space and rooms. Landon and Mandy do a fantastic job of keeping on top of all of our needs big and small. Housekeeping Sasha is a real hoot his blue eyes twinkle as he tries to speak english and communicate with us, he helps out and is johnny on the spot to clean up after us.. great hotel clean, good breakfast, wish they had bacon is my only request. Yes I will return and sleep here again.

Room Tip: all the rooms are clean and comfy every time I stay here, I never specify a room location within the...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank tidarsmith
Thank you for your wonderful review. Your group is loads of fun, we love having you here. Landon and Mandy do a fantastic job for our Hotel and we are honored that they work with us. We translated your comments to Sasha who blushed at his accolades. He is still smiling every time we say the word “Scrapbook”. I am very pleased you will return because that is the true test of doing a great job. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.
Monroe, Michigan
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I travel a lot and I have never been to a better hotel in my life!!!! It's in a nice area, clean, staff is amazing!!!!! First when we arrived very late and was so tired from traveling. The desk clerk was so nice!!!!! He got us checked in quick and told us some important things about hotel and sent us on our way. This morning I got up for breakfast and Carmen who works in the breakfast area is charming. She asked me several times if I needed anything and she informed me of everything they had to eat. I would love to live here, that's how nice it is. Price is right and you will enjoy yourself.This hotel is the most handicapped accessible hotel I've ever been too!!!!!

Room Tip: We love the first floor, don't have to worry about stair incase of fire. Like we had to when we...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for saying we are the “The Best Hotel Ever”. Carmen loved reading your comments as did the entire team. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with Trip Advisor and us. You mentioned so many great things we do that reading the review made me so proud of our Team and Hotel. Thank you for staying with us. I truly hope that you come back to Fort Myers. We would love to have you check in with us again.
Warwick, Rhode Island
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We first tried Hampton Inns a few months ago. We stayed in two different ones and I rated both as average. In a nutshell, I found that many lower priced hotels we've stayed in were equal to or better than these two Hamptons.

We traveled to Cape Coral for an extended visit with family. I spent a lot of time reading TripAdvisor reviews for places to stay in the area and was not impressed. I started with my preferred places to stay, then expanded to other possibilities, and finally included this Hampton (even though I really didn't want to go back to a Hampton). After much research, we chose this one for our extended (9 days) stay. I'm glad we did.

One of my complaints with the previous Hampton's was the friendliness and courtesy of staff. One was okay, but not great, the other was robotic. What a difference here. With minor exceptions the staff here goes over and beyond to be friendly, courteous and helpful. Check-in was a breeze. Staff provided a local area map and an extensive list of area restaurants including national chains as well as local favorites. I wish every hotel would do this. Warm cookies were also waiting, and we found them to be available every evening but two.

Although he wasn't on duty when we checked in, I want to note that Nick at the front desk was especially outstanding.

The room was as expected from a Hampton. Clean. Nice furnishing for this price level. Good size room refrigerator that kept our drinks icy cold. Bathroom night light was useful. Bed was comfortable. Pillows not so much. A/C was very hard to control. I tried to set it at 73 and was never sure that I got it right as we experienced a range from 71 to 75 degrees. Several times I just turned it on and off manually. A/C was also a bit noisy.

The breakfast was good, and similar to what many places are offering today. Carmine was the attendant on most days. She was very personable, interfaced well with guests, and kept constantly busy cleaning and replenishing. What a difference the few days she was off. The attendant was not very personable and the facility was significantly less clean.

This hotel would have had an excellent review from me but it failed one of my key tests - the shower. For me, a good shower is one that is easy to adjust, has a good flow and a constant temp. This shower head has about 10 settings and is mounted very high. I had to be on tiptoes (I'm 5'7") to make the adjustments, and even then it was very hard to get all 10 positions to work. No matter, I never found a position that gave me the kind of pattern I like (a simple tight pattern such as you get from a basic cheap shower head). The temperature was not constant and usually had to be adjusted significantly about 2 minutes into the shower to reduce temp.

One other negative feature of the bathroom was the high sink that many hotels are using. The Hampton ones curve out in the front which makes them more difficult to lean over unless you are a tall person.

All-in-all, the positives here far out-weighed the negatives and we plan to stay here again on our next trip to Cape Coral/Ft. Myers.

One more thing: We were well pleased with ABC Cab for our early morning trip to RSW airport. Clean car, friendly driver, on-time pick up. Check on-line to see if they still offer the $5.00 off coupon we used.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Skipper300
jwswfl, Owner at Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers - Colonial Blvd, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. I am so glad that you decided to come back to the Hampton Brand and that our hotel did not disappoint you. Thank very much for writing a fantastic review. I sincerely appreciate all your comments and will continue to work hard at making sure you will always be glad you stayed. Friendly & Courteous Team Members and clean comfortable rooms is what everyone should expect when staying at Hamptons. I am so happy to read that you will return to our Hotel. We look forward to your next trip to Cape Coral and Fort Myers.
Pompano Beach, Florida
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I was on a recent business trip to Fort Myers and stayed at this hotel because of the location. The staff was very friendly and went the extra mile to make you feel at home. This hotel is very clean from the rooms to the grounds. I would strongly suggest this hotel to anyone staying in the Fort Myers area. overall excellent experience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mike E
jwswfl, Owner at Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers - Colonial Blvd, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Thank you for writing that we have a great hotel with excellent staff. I am very happy to hear that you stayed with us because of the location and that you will return because we made you feel at home. Thank you for staying with us and you recommendation. We all look forward to your next business trip to your second home in Fort Myers.
Greenville
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I searched for days trying to find somewhere to stay at Ft Myers beach that was under $250 a nite without success. I'm extremely picky about Hotels. I chose Hampton Inn on Colonial Blvd in the business district because it was rated so high and because of the trip advisor reviews. It was so clean and comfortable. The beds were as comfortable as mine at home. The only thing that I would recommend in the future is that they may want to make their granite sink top a tad lower for short people like me. The suite was so big and roomy. I will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Davis50
jwswfl, Owner at Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers - Colonial Blvd, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you for your awesome comments! I am so glad you pick us because of our reviews and that you found us so clean and comfortable. Our white duvets on our cloud 9 beds are changed every day so that they are fresh and clean. I appreciate your comments about the vanity height and will look into that in the future. Thank you for staying with us and I hope that you can stay with us again on your return visit to Fort Myers.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Myers
Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Myers Airport / FGCU
Candlewood Suites Fort Myers Sanibel / Gateway
Hampton Inn Ft. Myers - Airport I-75
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers ...
#10 of 47 in Fort Myers Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,024 reviews
Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Myers
Days Inn & Suites Fort Myers near JetBlue Park

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers - Colonial Blvd? Share your experiences!