“English Please?” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers - Colonial Blvd

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers - Colonial Blvd
Ranked #1 of 58 Hotels in Fort Myers
Detroit/Sterling Heights, MI
“English Please?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2011

The hotel was perfect. It could not have been cleaner. The staff was very helpful. The breakfast was huge and very good. I really liked the fresh fruit.

One draw back. It really annoyed me when the staff spoke Spanish to each other in front of me. They were capable of speaking perfect English to me, however when they were in groups working on the breakfast in the common area or police officers came in for what appeared to be free breakfast, they would switch to Spanish to speak to them. That is what people do when they don't want others to know what is being said.

I don't appreciate that when I am shopping and the clerks switch to Arabic in front of me in Michigan where I live, I didn't appreciate it in Florida. I'm being excluded from something. The language here is English.

5 Thank Burbary
jwswfl, Owner at Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers - Colonial Blvd, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Thank you for your review and your great comments about our Hotel. I completely understand your frustration about “English Please” and it is a bad habit that I am trying to get the team to break. While there are many employees who do not speak English I have urged those that are bi-lingual to speak English in front our guests. I think we are better, and I am staying on top of this issue catching & correcting our team when they slip back into this problem. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you come back again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2011

We booked this hotel based on good reviews we got when researching the area. You get exceptional value with the free hot breakfast, cardio workout room, free internet and a nice outside pool. The sleeping rooms are very roomy and very clean. Landon at the front desk is very accomodating which just added to our appreciation of the good service and excellent accommodations.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank rsb1212
It is always great to hear guests stay with us because of our reviews. It is even better to hear that we did not disappoint upon arrival. Your comments are fantastic and I really appreciate your review and the time you took to share your experience. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to serve again.
Willow Spring, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2011

This was a nice place in a good location. We were there to visit family so didn't spend much time there.

The beds were comfy and rooms were clean.

The wifi wasn't very good. It was sllllooooowwwww.

The staff were very nice and helpful and sent us to a good Italian place one night!

Continental breakfast was ok. They had eggs and meat however, we found that stuff to be barely warm for the most part and didn't care for the meat. Was dry and tasteless. However, others were eating it and seemed to like it. There are plenty of other options. You can find something you will like.

I would recommend this hotel to others!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Beachn
Thank you for your comments and for pointing out some of the things that we could improve. We have upgraded substantially our Internet service and now have tripled our speed. Our guests since you have seen a major improvement. I am also sorry that you did not care for some of the breakfast items. We were probably slow to put out fresher items. Please rest assured that I have addressed this with our team. Thank you for staying with us and for your recommendations.
north fort myers, fl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2011

The entire staff was very nice and helpful. The hotel is very clean and the room was nice and clean also. The breakfast was great as usual and the breakfast hostess on Sunday, Monday morning was just outstanding.It's in a great location, the property is kept up. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Ft. Myers area.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank camch
We would love for you stay here again. I am very proud of our team and that they have done such a great job that you would recommend us to anyone coming to Fort Myers. Thank you for writing a beautiful review and thank you for staying with us. We hope to serve you again very soon.
Homestead, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2011

I have been a member of the Hilton Hotels for over 7 years as I travel extensively for my job. And although I have experienced some first rate service in most of the hotels I have stayed at, this is the first time I have ever been compelled to write a review. Everyone in this hotel was extremely helpful and courteous. We were travelling with a High School group of boys for a Wrestling Match in the Ft. Myers area, you would think that a hotel would be on guard (I would have been), but the service we experienced was nothing more than welcoming and inviting. The amazing Carmen, in charge of breakfast, was so warm and kind to the boys. It was as if she was their mother away from home. Many of our boys did not go with their own parents and I am sure, enjoyed the extra attention.

Thank you Hampton Inn & Suites for making us all feel as if we were home away from home.

2 Thank SierrasRus
What an amazing review. Thank you for choosing us to be your first review. We are very lucky to have great team members and Carmen is certainly one of the best we have. We make a point to treat all guests as ladies and gentlemen because regardless of the reason they travel they are still our guests. Thank you staying with us and we hope to see you again for the next match.
Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2011

This is my favorite place to stay in Fort Myers when I go there on business. The rooms are updated and clean with comfortable beds and a flat-screen TV. The common area is huge, with a free breakfast in the morning. Plus there's a pool and fitness area. And the staff is excellent.

A couple months ago I stayed at the Hampton by the airport, and it was awful compared to this one. I won't make that mistake again! :)

My only gripe is that the printer in the business center is sort of clunky. But really, if that's my worst complaint, then it's a pretty darn good place! :)

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank SoxWin09
Thank you for staying with us. I also want to thank you for your great review. I appreciate your comments about our wonderful hotel and super team. Also please note that the printer in the business center has been upgraded with a fast industrial machine that should handle all your printing needs. We look forward to seeing you again real soon.
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2011

What a wonderful stay.
The front desk was fast, friendly and fantastic. The decor is light airey and new. The room was new, spotless, and the bed was not on a shared wall. Other hotels should learn from this. It was decorated nicely and had a wall thermostat, micro wave, coffee make, large flat screen tv, a soft love seat and desk with 2 chairs all in a cozy quiet room.
What a great place to stay, and it's affordable! The breakfast was wonderful with a large assortment of cereals, hot and cold, bread, bagels, muffins, fresh cut and whole fruit, waffles, eggs, bacon, coffee and juices.
Stay here, you will be happy and smart for doing so

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank Tkmellc
Thank you for the great review. I know I sleep better with reviews like yours. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We work very hard to make sure all the details are in place so that you can feel confident in your choice of lodging. Thank you for staying with us and for your great recommendation to future travelers. We hope to see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Myers
Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Myers Airport / FGCU
Hampton Inn Ft. Myers - Airport I-75
Candlewood Suites Fort Myers Sanibel / Gateway
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers ...
#11 of 47 in Fort Myers Beach
Days Inn & Suites Fort Myers near JetBlue Park
Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Myers

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers - Colonial Blvd? Share your experiences!