“Pretip?”

Cuisines: Peruvian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We came to this restaurant on a Sunday afternoon, The inside ambience was invinting even though the outside might make you think otherwise.( There were families, couples and even the lone person eating) Aunthentic Peruvian food,(the lomito saltado is one of my kids favorite) the service was good and the food was even better, all of our meals were fresh, big, tasty, and most importatly decently priced. This is the type of restaurant that will surprise you as to how good it is given its location. However I did encounter one problem with it. After we asked for the check I noticed the tip was included in the bill, even though we were a family of 5 with 3 small children, this didn't surprise me as I know for a fact that many Latin American countries include the tip in the total and some establishments continue with that practice here in the USA. What had me a little baffled was that after our server ran my CC the receipt that you signed had the entire amount including tip with the words PRETIP next to it, and then under that there was a line with the word TIP next to it (instead of additional tip as it is customary when they add your tip to the original bill) and then another line for the total. Now I speak both English and Spanish and the definition of PRE on both languages is before, so as I said as was a little confused as to why the word PRETIP was next to the total amount that it already included the tip, now before you guys hang me, I'm a very considerate person and an excellent tiper, when I ask our server she wasn't unable to explained the reason for it and we just left it at that and actually added small cash amount, because like I said overall it was a very nice family meal, that had an unfortunate shady end to it

2  Thank JUMACALSI

Reviewed February 26, 2012

I have to admit... I have eaten at some pretty decent restaurants in strip malls... Also at some 5 star ones... and everything in between. But if you prefer to eat local versus some fast food chain... then these gems in the strip malls can be a delight. This is our feelings of El Patio Restaurant. 1st , this is a Peruvian restaurant.. not some burger bar with a few ethnic meals thrown in. The service was very good, prices were low and portions large ( to large) and the food quite good and different . If you find yourself in Fort Myers... bypass the Red Lobster ( this one in town is HORRIBLE by the way) and eat at a great local eatery... such as El Patio!

Reviewed February 22, 2012

We visit at least once a week for lunch. The food is great! The waiter/waitress are very friendly but at times a bit lax. All in all great food, atmosphere & reasonable prices...what more could you ask for!

Reviewed January 29, 2012

The food here is good but the location is not the best which is why I think they are always empty. Nonetheless, the food is fairly priced, especially during lunch ($7 with drink).

1  Thank John G
Reviewed January 18, 2012

We went for Peruvian food here. The service was wonderful and friendly. The staff was very helpful in advising us on our choices. The blue corn drink was fantastic. All of our entrees were very good. The food was different from the usual fare. The atmosphere was nothing great, not at all fancy. It is in a nondescript strip mall location.

1  Thank KHA8