“Poor Housekeeping”

SpringHill Suites Fort Myers Airport
Ranked #21 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Stayed for 1 night on our way back from Marco Island. We were catching a flight home the following morning from the airport. There were 3 of us so we decided to stay at the Springhill Suites by the airport. The room is very small for a suite. There is one king bed and a sofa bed. Very tight quarters for 3 of us. We opened the sofa bed and found an old, lumpy, dirty mattress. There was a food wrapper on the floor beneath it. Pretty gross. My sister was a trooper and put clean sheets on the sofa bed and slept on it. She woke up sore all over and had a very bad night sleep. There were no tissues in the tissue box and the towels were thin and rough. This was the first bad experience I ever had at a Marriott brand hotel. I stay at Marriotts all over the country and I am an elite member. I mentioned the poor housekeeping issue to the front desk in the morning. The gentleman apologized and said he would report it to housekeeping. He didn't seem very sincere and didn't even ask for my room number. I won't ever be staying there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Snooz425
RSWSHGM, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fort Myers Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Fort Myers Airport. Please accept our sincere apology for you having issues with your room during your stay. Please know that we are going to renovate the entire hotel begining in August.

We hope that if your travels bring your back to our area, you will give us another chance to serve you.

Safe Travels!

Sean Pischeda

There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Fort Myers Airport

Reviewed April 28, 2014

In town for a day so I did not need to much. The hotels location is great, close to the airport, and I75.

The staff at the front desk where nice and took care of everything.

The only issue with my room was that the AC unit was extremely loud. I ended up turning it off so that I could sleep. Fortunately the room did not get to warm to sleep.

Not that it makes any difference but the elevator seemed to be really big inside.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank ECH56

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott. We are esctatic to know you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are looking forward to having your as our guest again in the near future.

Safe Travels!

Sean Pischeda

Reviewed April 17, 2014

The room is VERY small for a "suite".....actually the 1/2 wall makes it seem smaller. The room was clean and well maintained. The pool area adequate.
Breakfast was good and well stocked. Would have liked 2 queen beds but there were none available and the doubles were small for 2 adults to share.
Great location from airport.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Margarita L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fort Myers Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

We certainly hope it won't be your last visit! We love to hear the feedback we get from our guests. I appologyze you thought our rooms were a little small for a suite. Our rooms here at the Springhill Suites are 25% larger than you normal room. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Spent 4 nights here and it worked out well for what we wanted to do. Close to the airport and places in Ft. Myers where we were visiting. Parking was easy, commuting was quick and the airport was close. A very good breakfast started our days off happily and the staff was helpful. Restaurant across the street gave us 10% off for being visitors there. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable and we were happy.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your experience at our hotel! I was very happy to hear that the staff took good care of you and the restaurant Steve Tomatoes next to the hotel gave you a 10% discount. I will definitely pass along your comments to the staff they will be very happy. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

We booked this hotel, because it is located between Jet Blue Park and Hammond Stadium. Our weekend plans were to attend 2 Red Sox Spring Training games. Hotel staff was very helpful and friendly. Property was immaculate. Beds were heavenly. Most delicious breakfast buffet each morning, included in room rate. Very centrally located to everything!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Margarita L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fort Myers Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Thank you for such a great rview! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the staff to be pleasant and that the hotel was clean. Our team does work very hard to keep the porperty clean and the guests happy. We hope to have you back as our guest the next time you are in Fort Myers. Thank you!

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Used Marriott reward points to stay 2 nights and experienced very poor customer service during entire stay. Advance reservation requested lower floor and asked for QUIET room assignment at check-in. Millie said my assigned room was on the first floor next to the small meeting room that was rarely used. She did NOT mention that the ice machine is in the hall right across from the room door, and the rear pool/spa and exterior parking lot entrance was right outside the window. This was steps off the lobby/breakfast area, and a group of college students were meeting in the lobby into the evening, and the breakfast traffic noise began at 6am. Millie called after check-in to inquire if the room was ok, but we were still getting luggage from the car and it went to voice mail. So had to learn the voice mail system to get rid of the flashing red light while unpacking.

Management should work harder to assure a guest that wants a QUIET room location actually gets it…if indeed they have any. The loud plastic rolling trash cart pushed down the hall at 11pm, and using a hall vacuum cleaner at 10pm would tend to indicate management does not give a damm about the guest comfort since those tasks could be preformed in the afternoon when guests are gone.

The first floor room itself had a very tall 10 or 12 foot ceiling with wood trim at the 8 foot level, and the wall above it painted white like the ceiling to reflect a lot of light. The suite is actually 1 room with the bathroom on the side to serve as a partial room divider. The desk is on the partial wall opposite the bathroom to attempt to give the feeling of a two-room suite. Small frig and even smaller microwave in the cabinet against the bathroom wall help create the feeling of a suite. The single HDTV set has to pivot to face the sofa, or turned into the bed area for viewing.

Breakfast has lots of items both hot and cold. Scrambled eggs depleted and not replaced. The 2% milk was in pitchers rather than individual cartons, and ran out and was not replaced. Breakfast ends at 9am weekdays and 10am weekends, and the room was packed without any empty tables during my visit.

Perhaps the worst customer experience was that my room was NOT SERVICED my second day. Had to go to front desk and request fresh towel sets, and there was no apology or excuse from the male person on duty. We left the hotel at noon and staff were having lunch in the breakfast area when we left, so they had a lot of help available. Did not return until 5pm, but housekeeping could not service all 16 rooms on the first floor in that time? Or perhaps because we were staying on points, we were selected for no-service. We had the Do-Not-Disturb hanger up in the morning while at breakfast and getting ready for the day, and perhaps this hotel is one of those where housekeeping makes a single pass down the hall and never comes back to complete the job for those rooms they skipped.

The hotel swiped my credit card (not a debit card) and placed a $40 hold on it at check-in, even though I was staying on reward points. There was no express checkout bill delivered overnight under the door, but I requested and received a zero balance receipt at checkout so I hope they release the $40 encumberance promptly.

Room Tip: Staff have never stayed there so have no idea what a QUIET room is.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Margarita L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fort Myers Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Thank you for letting us know about your stay at the Springhill Suites by Marriott Fort Myers Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel we apologyze that you did not find your stay the enjoyable experience that it should have been. My apologies that we did not meet all of your expectations. I will have a conversation with my staff to make them aware of your feed back. I can assure you that this is not normal and something we can correct. Additionally we do have rooms away from the ice machine and not facing the pool should you choose to give us nother opportunity. Again I wish we had the opportunity to correct the problems you noted, the satisfaction of our guests is of ultimate concern to myself and our Springhill Suites team.

Thank you!

Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed our week stay here. All of those that work the front desk are extremely friendly. They have a nice pool, exercise room and a place to do your laundry. The rooms are very nice and clean. We totally enjoyed the king suite we were in! We will definitely stay here again!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Scrappy4u
Margarita L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fort Myers Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your experience at our hotel. I was very happy to hear that our entire staff made your stay more enjoyable and they took such good care of you. I will definitely make sure the staff is aware. We look forward to having you stay with us again.