“I'd go back”

Ranked #21 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Atlanta
“I'd go back”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Stayed here for two nights. The room was clean and quiet. The manager, Oscar, helped me solve a travel problem satisfactorily. I wouldn't hesitate to return.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Margarita L, Manager at SpringHill Suites Fort Myers Airport, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Dear Worldair,

I am so happy that you enjoy your stay with us. It is something we strive for with every visit. Your comments regarding the staff is something I always like to hear about. Thank you again and hope to see you back here soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Check in was quick. Overall the room looked clean until I opened the closet and there was a dirty black sock. If they cleaned it well they should of noticed it. Then we go to use the pull out bed and it was broken. We had to change rooms..not a big deal. In the new room I look behind the night stand for a plug and there was a bag of chips behind there.

It grosses me out to think of what else isn't clean in these rooms.
As far as cleanliness goes I do not recommend it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Sarah K
Dear Sarah K,

We are very disappointted to learn that you did not enjoy your stay and that we did not have the opportunity to address your concerns while you were with us. It is our policy to make very effort to correct any problems a guest may make us aware of immediately and to their satisfaction. We will certainly be working to make sure your comments are addressed.

We take cleanliness very seriously at our hotel and have a regular program set up by our Maintenance staff to assure we don't encounter problems like these.

Halifax, Canada
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We over-nighted here both the night we arrived in Florida and the night before we left, via the Fort Myers airport. There is a courtesy shuttle that runs between the hotel and the airport. It is not a regular pickup and you need to call the hotel from the airport when you arrive. It runs between 5am and midnight. Our flight arrived late and we called the hotel at about 11:30pm for a pick up and it showed up about 15 minutes later. The man who was driving did not greet us, welcome us or say a word to us. In fact the only word that he said to us was "thanks" when I gave him his gratuity. Despite this, every other person we encountered at the hotel was friendly. A special thanks to Maria who gave me a lift back from the airport after returning my rental car there early. There is a complimentary breakfast that starts at 6:30, although we went by early at 5:45am and no one seemed to mind. Enjoyed the free wireless and newspapers. We went to the pool once but the water was like ice. Guests of the hotel also get a discount at the restaurant across the street. Convenient location and a good value. The only thing that I don't like about Springhill Suites in general is they don't have central air conditioning, just the air conditioner in the window setup.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 123YHZ
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Our first visit to the area. Booked based on TA ratings and the fact they had airport transportation although we ended up getting a car prior to checking in.
Check in was a breeze. Room large and clean. Staff helpful. Pool area very nice. Convenient to airport and not a bad drive to Sanibel & Fort Myers beaches. Breakfast OK too.
Really nothing bad to say. Would stay again for sure.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed March 23, 2012

We enjoyed our recent stay at Springhill Suites Fort Myers. We were in town for Spring Training, and the hotel was convenient to Hammond Stadium and the new Jetblue Park. Check-in was easy and quick. The room was spacious and the bed was cozy. I liked that the TV could be viewed from the sofa or the bed. I also liked having the refrigerator. The breakfast was good...not amazing, but I would not expect amazing from this class of hotel. Folks seemed to enjoy the chocolate and cinnamon waffles. A short walk across the parking lot takes you to Stevie Tomatoes Sports Page, which has decent bar food and a family-friendly atomosphere. The night we got in, we didn't feel like driving to a restaurant so this was convenient. My fiance and I come to Spring Training every year, and we both said we would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Bonita Springs, FL
Reviewed February 27, 2012

I surprised my husband and children with a weekend getaway at this hotel. We only live 30 minutes away. Our kids love sleeping in hotels. I made the reservation on AAAs website. They seemed to have the best rate. Check in was easy. Our room was very clean and spacious. We had a king room with sleeper sofa. The kids loved sleeping on the pull out. The breakfast was also nice. Our kids also love the big bowl of lollipops at the front desk. We would have gone to the pool but it was a cool, windy weekend. We will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 22, 2012

This is a great staging area for a next day flight. Typical MARRIOTT tradition. Absolutely no problems here. Shuttle starts at 5am and if you feel you need to get there earlier they will arrange to bill your room $15.00 and arrange for a taxi to be there before 5am and take you to the airport. The airport is 7 minutes away. They don't start the free breakfast until 6am but you can get food at the airport.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business