“Hit and Miss” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bratta's Seafood Steaks & Pasta - CLOSED

Bratta's Seafood Steaks & Pasta
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Delivery, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: If you are looking for Fresh made to order foods
Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri, United States
“Hit and Miss”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

Me and my date went for an early dinner on April 29th. We were seated immediately. The waiter was courteous and knowledgeable. I asked him if he had a specific type of wine and was able to answer my questions effectively. The happy hour special was great. They offered half off on pretty much any drink other than full bottles of wine. I think I ended up paying 4.50 per glass of wine. Not bad at all. We ordered the calamari as an appetizer. It was cooked well, God knows how often calamari is cooked to death in many establishments, and the red sauce with it was really enjoyable. Not to mention, our appetizer arrived really fast. The bread came soon after and it was really good, hot crisp on the outside soft inside. I thought it was a nice touch that they have a roasted garlic bulb in the oil they bring out with the bread. My Caesar salad came next. I was happy they actually put anchovies on if you like, but they didnt dress and toss the salad. I was pretty disappointed by this. I dont see why any salad should not be dressed seasoned and tossed, especially a Caesar. Next our entrees came. I ordered the chicken picata and my date ordered the chicken parm. The portion was large, but honestly my meal lacked flavor. It had too much lemon juice and was under seasoned. I was not impressed. Though the meals were on the early bird menu and at a very reasonable price. I find myself at a crossroads. Some aspects I was impressed with others left me scratching my head. Maybe the quality of the food on the regular menu is much better but I believe spaghetti and meatballs is around $18 on the menu and I cant see any justification for that price considering the food cost of a dish of that nature. Will I go back? not sure. The atmosphere was nice and a man was singing in the background. Service great. Food hit and miss.

• Visited April 2014
4 Thank Kyle R
Brattas, Owner at Bratta's Seafood Steaks & Pasta, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Thank-you for dining with us. It sounds like you enjoyed most of your meal. The Caesar is definitely tossed in dressing. It may have been a special request with no dressing for another customer. It appears a server ran the wrong one to you. We surely could have given you the correct salad in a minute return to the table. As for the Picatta I am sorry the lemon juice was heavy. I actually feel like we do not put enough. We cook everything from scratch and to order which can create human error, for that I also apologize. Our Cappelini & meatballs is only $3.00 higher than a chain restaurant that comes out a baggie and heated. As an independent restaurant there is much more preparation to the dish. Not only is the sauce slow cooked or 5 hours but the meatballs are made of veal, pork and beef and also are cooked slowly for hours. We are priced the same as other independent restaurants that serve quality ingredients. We appreciate your review and will take necessary actions to insure perfection to our recipes.

“Great Food - Great Entertainment!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

The food is wonderful! I have yet to have something I did not like on the menu, the duck, the pastas, the fish.. all great! The music is also great, I love listening to live music with my meals. And just to top it off, the staff is always friendly. You really can't go wrong!

• Visited March 2014
Fort Myers, Florida
“Brattas wants your business.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Go to Brattas website for daily discounts. Also, get on their email list for additional discount offers. The discounts and happy hour pricing make it quite attractive. There is usually some form of entertainment on most nights. We go about once a month. Enjoy.

• Visited April 2014
“Very romantic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

This restaurant has a small feel to it and has exceptional service and food. I've never been disappointed when dining here. I love this place.

• Visited February 2014
Fort Myers, Florida
“Great atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

The restaurant is decorated beautifully and is a wonderful place to go especially on a date night. However it is pricey and I would not recommend it for families or children. The food is good as is the service but because of the price it would get low marks from me on value.

• Visited May 2013