“Disappointing”
Review of Bratta's Seafood Steaks & Pasta - CLOSED

Bratta's Seafood Steaks & Pasta
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: If you are looking for Fresh made to order foods
St Paul,MN
“Disappointing”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Having seen so many positive comments on Trip Advisor, we decided to give this establishment a try. I must admit I was some what leery after reading management's harsh response to TA reviews that were less then favorable.This is the reason we choose not to share our comments directly with management before we left. Just don't believe management is open to any criticism. The waiter seemed to be new. He was hesitant to describe items on the menu, terribly slow, & also forgetful. I requested a fork for dinner as he served it. Then had to request it again after he had gone to the kitchen and returned with bread, while my companions where eating and my dinner was getting cold. We actually had another waiter check in on us, wondering if our waiter was taking care of us. A request for a sample of a wine that was available by the glass was denied, with the explanation that management wouldn't allow it. This was a first for the 3 of us. We had never heard of any establishment declining such a request. As it turned out, I did not like the first wine. Rather then request a replacement, I just ordered a different wine. Gave the waiter the first one, told him it was not to my taste. I must say it wasn't spoiled. Suspect he didn't bring this to management's attention. After having read management's response to criticism on Trip Advisor reviews that were not complimentary and the reference to the policy on tasting a wine, I decided I'd just pay for both wines. Food. Bread was good and served with an excellent roasted garlic in olive oil with a little basil. The highlight of the dinner side of our experience. Salads were fine. 2 orders of veal parmesan were OK as was a baked pasta dish. The dinner who had the pasta said it had a tremendous amount of cheese. All 3 dishes were just OK. Desert was fine. With the exception of the bread & roasted garlic dipping sauce, none of us found anything about the food, decor, or service to rate beyond fair. The entertainment that night was "Dust." This twosome was excellent. They had many people dancing. All seemed to enjoy them. We all said we would only go back for the entertainment.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank ptjohn2
Brattas, Owner at Bratta's Seafood Steaks & Pasta, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
I just want to say im sorry about your experiance at Bratta's. As you can see we get it right 99.9% of the time. Your server Luke is new and is getting many customers coming up to me saying he is the best they have ever had. One customer is a regular at Road House Grill a fine dining restaurant in fort myers and said they will be back because of Luke and the food. Everyone is new at first and if they don't work out we let them go but Luke is working out very well for a young server. as for wine tasting we can not have every customer taste each and every wine its bad business pratice. If you did not like your glass of wine we would have exchanged it no questions asked, it has been our business policy.

As for my responces on other negative reviews I have first hand
knowledge and most of the time reviews never mentions what was wrong or what dish they eat. Most of the time they had a request we could not honor.

Michael Bratta

Minnesota City, Minnesota
“Great food, servers, singer and a dance floor: what more do you want for a date night?”
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

Three of us celebrated a birthday by dining and dancing at Bratta's. The two fish entrees were perfectly cooked and presented with excellent sides. The lamb racks were exactly rare and the balsamic reduction was very nice with the meat and garlic mashed potatoes. The singer Bonnie Lancaster played and sang well and made us want to dance. All this with a fine wine and what more could any girl/guy want?

• Visited December 2013
Cape Coral, Florida
“We had a great evening at Bratta's.”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Food was good and the music was pleasant. Bryon, our server, was an absolute charmer who did everything possible to ensure a perfect dining experience. Thank you, Bryon! We'll go back if we're ever in the area again.

Cape Coral, Florida
“All Smiles on Thanksgiving”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We visited Bratta's for Thanksgiving Dinner because of the past favorable reviews and were very pleased. The buffet was well done and our server, Brian, was delightful and gracious. Lobster bisque was so-o-o good! We plan to make a "date-night" dinner reservation in the very near future to try their regular menu which looks impressive.

1 Thank Vicki M
Fort Myers, Florida, United States
“Enjoyed the filet”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

First visit but heard the food is good. Since they age the beef, I had the filet with spinach and potatoes and crab. Delicious. Skipped the dessert but the starter salad, a one half portion was shared with my husband and plenty for the two of us. Also like the 15% discount if you make your reservation on line.

1 Thank Lana K