Review of Bratta's Seafood Steaks & Pasta - CLOSED

Bratta's Seafood Steaks & Pasta
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: If you are looking for Fresh made to order foods
Rogers, Arkansas
Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

My family and I were in town on vacation and Bratta's thanksgiving meal really made a GREAT impression! They had an amazing spread - from turkey and dressing to honey ham, mashed potatoes and gravy. They also had awesome salads, fruit, and desserts. But there were two things that kicked it over the top for me - boiled peel and eat shrimp and lobster bisque that was to die for. My hats off to the chefs, great wait staff and owners for making us feel like part of the family for the holidays.

Cape Coral, Florida
“had better”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Well, I was looking for a reasonable turkey day buffet. For 27 bucks this fit the bill. I arrived on time just after 11 am. There seemed to be a bit of confusion. I had 3 servers walk by and tell me the greeter will be here shortly. After 5 minute she arrived and I was seated. My server was prompted as nice.

Onto the food.

Typical fare. The ham was great a bit sweet moist not salty ;turkey very good.
I had some deviled eggs a bit too much garlic even for me. The dressing was waaaayyy too wet and not much flavor. Gravy good. I suspect from a can .
Mash potatoes too mushy same with sweet potatoes.
Typical SWFL very plain not spicy... That had lasagna( its a Italian eatery ) It was way tooo wet too much fennel. Stouffer does a better job.

Lots of different dessert all appeared industrial bought. They did not hide the aluminum pie for pumpkin. no pecan or sweet potatoes pie. Cookies and such.
Bread was very good though butter was much soft..

This make 4 out of 5 bars the staff did not know a Brandy separator.
Over all just OK.
I think Boston market which is next door would have been a better choice.

But this is just my opinion.

3 Thank rholland63
Brattas, Owner at Bratta's Seafood Steaks & Pasta, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
The difference between miserable people vs happy people

North Fort Myers, FL
“Really makes a special evening.”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Loved the on-line reservations, faster than a phone call and you get a nice discount. On the reservation page there was a box for special occasion, I entered that it was our anniversary. When they showed us to our table it was covered in rose petals (silk), had anniversary greetings on our place settings and there was a rose on the table. Then the meal was served. Had Clams Casino, best ever! Had the Seafood Wellington, unbelievablel! Husband had French onion soup (loved it) and a Rib eye steak, done to perfection. They also brought us dessert, compliments of Bratta's. The presentation was beautiful on all. The group that was playing was also excellent so the entire evening was perfect. Jean and Glenn were excellent in their care for us!!! This is my new favorite restaurant.

SW Florida
“entertainment 8 food 4”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

we enjoyed the entertainment but the food was really disappointing after all the great comments here. We had the crab topped filet. Presentation was ok but the meat was really not up to the price of $27 for a 4 oz. filet. House wine is total swill. They should think about changing it. There are many wines they could make a 400% profit on that would be better than the one they have.

The bang bang shrimp were pitiful. No heat, not much flavor, no presentation.

We had a new server who was quite competent. I'm thinking there is turmoil in this kitchen.

Too bad.

1 Thank LilMsFoodie
Estero, Florida
“If you could eat the music??”
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

Our new server was dreadful, Nick. The food runner wanted to know who got the Maui fish while her thumb and napkin was soaked holding my shrimp/scallop francaise. $26.99 for 2 scallops 4 small shrimp in a watery egg foo young batter, . Risotto and asparagus set ups were very good on all meals. Salads nice but $5 extra. Pork was dry on one dish. Mahi mahi was bland, another shrimp dish $21.99 had 5 small shrimp . The husband wife band of Dusk had everybody dancing and listening to great . They were the stars in this place which was an old Bennigans converted into an attractive supper club. Just the food was poor and over priced.

Visited November 2013