“Really great place”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We stopped here having seen it was very busy and therefore must be OK, and were delighted. Great 50's theme, spotlessly clean and we didn't wait long for a table even though it was packed. I had a salad and husband a steak and both were excellent, prices very reasonable and service excellent, we will eat here for breakfast and no doubt for dinner again while we are in the area this week. highly recommended.

There are newer reviews for Mel's Diner

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We planned to go to Golden Corral for the free Military dinner on Vet's day but it was mobbed. Plan B was Mel's diner which we had only gone to for breakfast.

I had the strip steak and the Mrs. had the liver, which meant I was going to have to eat liver. It was better than the steak and the steak wasn't bad.

Wine and other drinks are inexpensive.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

A bad experience here must be the rare occasion. This is a nice Diner!
The menu selection a bit overwhelming...a little of everything. Great for a family
meal outing. Portions large & prices Not. Food has always been good. They
stay rather busy because of it. Haven't had a service complaint. Good location,
main highway & in town for shopping & such. Parking ample.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

We tried Mel's Diner today for the first time. We had a Groupon.
My husband and I both wanted a good meal so we ordered the $20 dinner for 2. It's a limited menu, and the bbq meatloaf sounded good. We also added two beverages at $2.19 each with refills included.,
At first our waiter was very attentive, he brought us delicious bowls of chicken noodle soup, then an excellent tossed salad with our choice of dressing, then came the main course. This was a huge disappointment, each dinner had four small dried out pieces of meatloaf complete with grill marks. My husband ordered mashed potato's and he got a huge scoop, they were dry looking and came with no gravy or butter. I had the french fry's, they were good and hot. Both dinners had cold mini fried onion rings.
By this time our waiter had completely disappearred, our drinks were empty, no refills in site, and a waitress we hadn't seen before brought us dessert to share. It was delicious, a mini-brownie with a small scoop of ice cream and whipped cream, and two spoons.
The diner plays very loud music while dining and seems busy.
Don't know if we'd try Mel's Diner again!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Contrary to my former positive review, this time is just the opposite. I have ordered the Mediterranean Chicken the last two times I visited Mel's and both times were very good. This time however, left a lot to be desired. The chicken was overdone and there was very little goat cheese on the spinach compared to the last two times. I asked for extra spinach in place of the rice which is normally served with this dish. When my plate arrived, there was the normal amount of spinach (which is not much by any means), and no rice. I asked the waitress it there was extra spinach. She had them cook some and brought it back to me. It was plain cooked spinach; no garlic and no goat cheese like what's served with the meal. My husband had fried scallops with fries and slaw. the scallops were not even brown (not cooked long enough and mushy), and the fries weren't up to par either. The waitress was just o.k. I've had better. Sorry to say this place is not consistent. I saw a couple of club sandwiches at other tables that looked wonderful. I guess we should stick to diner food when at a diner!