“Homestyle meals”
Review of Mel's Diner

Mel's Diner
Ranked #13 of 855 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Homestyle meals”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

A bad experience here must be the rare occasion. This is a nice Diner!
The menu selection a bit overwhelming...a little of everything. Great for a family
meal outing. Portions large & prices Not. Food has always been good. They
stay rather busy because of it. Haven't had a service complaint. Good location,
main highway & in town for shopping & such. Parking ample.

Port Dover
“Terrific until the main course”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

We tried Mel's Diner today for the first time. We had a Groupon.
My husband and I both wanted a good meal so we ordered the $20 dinner for 2. It's a limited menu, and the bbq meatloaf sounded good. We also added two beverages at $2.19 each with refills included.,
At first our waiter was very attentive, he brought us delicious bowls of chicken noodle soup, then an excellent tossed salad with our choice of dressing, then came the main course. This was a huge disappointment, each dinner had four small dried out pieces of meatloaf complete with grill marks. My husband ordered mashed potato's and he got a huge scoop, they were dry looking and came with no gravy or butter. I had the french fry's, they were good and hot. Both dinners had cold mini fried onion rings.
By this time our waiter had completely disappearred, our drinks were empty, no refills in site, and a waitress we hadn't seen before brought us dessert to share. It was delicious, a mini-brownie with a small scoop of ice cream and whipped cream, and two spoons.
The diner plays very loud music while dining and seems busy.
Don't know if we'd try Mel's Diner again!

Fort Myers, Florida
“Bad experience!”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Contrary to my former positive review, this time is just the opposite. I have ordered the Mediterranean Chicken the last two times I visited Mel's and both times were very good. This time however, left a lot to be desired. The chicken was overdone and there was very little goat cheese on the spinach compared to the last two times. I asked for extra spinach in place of the rice which is normally served with this dish. When my plate arrived, there was the normal amount of spinach (which is not much by any means), and no rice. I asked the waitress it there was extra spinach. She had them cook some and brought it back to me. It was plain cooked spinach; no garlic and no goat cheese like what's served with the meal. My husband had fried scallops with fries and slaw. the scallops were not even brown (not cooked long enough and mushy), and the fries weren't up to par either. The waitress was just o.k. I've had better. Sorry to say this place is not consistent. I saw a couple of club sandwiches at other tables that looked wonderful. I guess we should stick to diner food when at a diner!

Lansing
“This place rocks!”
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Great service, huge portions, and best of all wonderful food. My boyfriend and I were worried when we saw the huge menus that the food would be less then great, but I got the salmon, he got the short ribs and both meals were the delicious comforting food these travelers needed! We went back the next day for breakfast and that too was equally impressive!

Amstelveen, The Netherlands
“back to the fifties”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

My husband is a collector of Fifties items, so it was his idea to have diner at Mel's diner. I loved the food and the ambiance. We shared the best keylime lemon pie I had in a long time!

• Visited October 2013