“Good lunch spot”
Review of Mel's Diner

Mel's Diner
Ranked #14 of 855 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Greenville, South Carolina
“Good lunch spot”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We enjoyed a great lunch here while visiting Fort Myers recently with friends. The decor in the restaurant is classic and the service was excellent. The food was classic diner fare and overall we enjoyed the lunch very much.....it was a classic, theme type restaurant, extensive menu with many different choices and our server had a great sense of humor. It was very crowded with locals who were also enjoying a reasonably priced lunch. It is located in the city without great views, but enjoyable decor to look at and many colorful locals that engage in conversation with you....it makes for an enjoyable and memorable experience.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank GVL605

Mentor, Ohio
“Good Breakfast Choice”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

While on vacation, we decided we needed a break and wanted breakfast "out." After reading several reviews on local restaurants, we decided to give Mel's a try. Mind you, this was on a Sunday morning! What were we thinking?

Well, we found Mel's and the parking lot was totally full, so we had to park in a nearby lot for a store that fortunately hadn't opened yet. We were hopeful that the full lot meant a good meal was waiting for us, but that we'd have a really long wait. So, to check out the wait time I went in to see just how bad it would be. The place was packed with about 6 people ahead of me. The gal at the counter said it would be about 5 minutes and I gave her my name. I must admit, I was very skeptical. Believe it or not, we were seated in about 5 minutes. Couldn't believe it!

This is a chain diner with tons of memorabilia decorating every possible spot throughout the restaurant. The menu has many choices for breakfast. Our orders included buckwheat pancakes and an egg platter with bacon, toast and Mel's potatoes. All were served quickly and were very hot. With such prompt service, I can see why we had only a 5 minute wait. The good news is that we never felt like we were rushed.

Our server Briana was wonderful! I was insistent that my knife had some leftover food on it, but she assured me it was an emblem from the silverware manufacturer. Later when I put on my glasses, I found she was absolutely right. She could have provided us with terrible service or had an attitude, but she didn't flinch. She was extremely polite, had a great sense of humor, and made light of it later during our meal saying I was one of many customers who thought the same.

Overall, this was a very good choice. I'd eat here again especially if Briana was our server!

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank HootieToo
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“good food”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

they had good food and plenty of it the price was not high and it is a very busy place thats how good they are

Visited February 2013
The Villages, Florida
“Always a great place!”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Great food, super service. Atmosphere was very nice. Restaurant was clean. This was our second visit, and we will be back!

Visited February 2013
Long Island
“Just OK”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Nice place but unfortunately our server that night was terrible. She didn't get the order right and didn't come back to check on us. The lobster and steak combo was poor as the lobster tail was tiny and the "Filet Mignon" was so undercooked and fatty I couldn't eat it.

Visited January 2013