“Ehh, Just Average”

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Daniels Parkway
Description: Bistro 41 Your destination in Ft. Myers for over a decade to experience fine wines and superb casual fine dining. Call for reservations today.
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We went for Valentine's day and it was okay. They had steak and lobster and it was average. The restaurant was very nice looking and the staff was very professional.

Shawn L, Owner at Bistro 41 - Bell Tower Shops, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Stevo,

I apologize for your average dinner at Bistro41. Valentines Day in general is a simplified menu and steak and tails is steak and tails...... it is expensive but extremely popular on Holiday Special Menus.

I would like to get you back in and hopefully improve your perception of us as far as being just average. Please send me you mailing information so I can send you a 50 dollar gift certificate.

I believe your next experience will be better.

Shawn Lemarie
Owner

Reviewed February 21, 2013

A lovely bistro. Tables inside and out. Fun decor. The food is soooo good. The combinations tempt the palate time after time. Good for both lunch and dinner.

1  Thank epyc
Reviewed February 20, 2013

This restaurant has an upscale vibe. Food is always good, service can be questionable at times. Dine inside or out on the patio, both good choices depending on the weather.

1  Thank CBYankee
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My 90 year old grandfather has his birthday dinner here every year. This year was actually WORSE than last year, if you can believe it. The food is way over priced for sauces that are ordered from the food vendor (NOT homemade as the prices would have you feel). My crab cake was burnt on the bottom and the cooks "covered it up" by placing the burnt side down. The potatoes were extremely under seasoned and asparagus burnt black on the ends. They didn't core the brussel sprouts and our fish was overcooked. The blonde female server that waited on us was unusually annoyed at our questions and requests. She was topped off by the petite blonde food runner who bit my head off when I questioned what she said to me about the plate she was dropping off. The kicker...my husband and I have a combined food service experience totaling 25 years at upscale steak and seafood restaurants. We know how cooks try to hide the burnt side of a crab cake, trust me! We were SO disturbed about the way the waitress treated us, we slipped an extra $40. cash to the gentlemen server that was barely at our table. At least his sarcastic jokes and willingness to get us what we needed made us happy. Too bad for the blonde!

Managers and servers, listen up! If you have your servers stretched too thin by giving them a large party on one side of the restaurant and tables on the patio all the way across the other side of the restaurant, it is NOT the guests fault. Having been in the industry, I used to LOVE large parties. They are your money makers.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stopped in for a really late lunch at about 3:45. They were only serving dinner so we stayed anyway, considering out first two restaurant choices within the mall area weren't open yet. We sat outside on the enclosed and heated patio, and even though it was pretty chilly that day, it was very comfortable and warm. We had a busy afternoon so when we got there, we were REALLY hungry. I ordered french onion soup right away, and he ordered the mussels appetizer AND a cup of the tomato parmesean soup. We decided to try the "two for $41" dinner special. Our server came back to tell us they were out of mussels, which is obviously management's fault considering Costco is literally across the street, and Publix is right around the corner. Our server seemed to disappear a lot, other people brought and removed our plates. Ciabatta bread and olive oil came, the bread was just okay, but the olive oil and herb mix was excellent. The french onion soup was good, the tomato soup was poor and bland. The salads were unfortunately the best part of the meal (the ceasar and the house). It's a good thing they were fairly large because our entrees came next, and we were surprised that they were so small (which would've been fine if they were worth the price). I had the "award winning" pork pot roast, which was tender, but terribly bland. It's a good thing it were drenched in a nice beuree monte with caramelized onions. Same with the small pile of "garlic" mashed potatoes. There was one carrot and one asparagus spear, both under cooked and very crunchy. He had the crab cake, which was actually pretty good. It was served with three small fried plantains :/ The included chocolate cake was terrible! I will eat ANYTHING chocolate, but I had one bite and couldn't take another. I guess we should've known better than to think two could dine for $41 and have a decent meal. There are so many restaurants in Fort Myers, so unfortunately we will not be back.

1  Thank Sanibella2665

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I can only apologize for your experience. I can assure you that is not the normal customer experience. We have enjoyed success in Ft Myers for over 14 years. If you are ever in town again and would like to try us again, please contact me and I will send you a 50 dollar gift certificate. As to your complaint, we have a very seasonal business and sometimes in season, it is very difficult to staff up and get the seasonal workers up to speed. This year has been harder than usual. Ft. Myers is not NYC, Las Vegas, Chicago or Miami where you have a full all year round staff that treats there occupation like a career.

My one problem with the review is your statement about the sauces. You may not have liked what was served, but they are not canned or store bought. That was a gratuitous shot, out there for the whole world to see, and was just plain wrong. They are made fresh and in the restaurant.

Again my apologies for your experience and if you ever decide to come back, please contact myself and let me set up your reservations and give you a 50 dollar credit. My personal e-mail is below.

Sincerely