“Sunday lunch”

Farmers Market Restaurant
Ranked #32 of 857 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Description: Southern food served fresh daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The oldest restaurant in Lee County, since 1952 Serving breakfast Monday-Friday 6am-10:30am, Saturday 6am-11am, Sunday 7am-11am Lunch starts Mon-Fri at 11AM Lunch starts Saturday and Sunday at 11:30AM
Fort Myers, Florida
“Sunday lunch”
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Been many times and this was one of the best. We had country fried steak, fried green tomatoes and macaroni and cheese. Everything was good and the service was excellent.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Tennpitt

Tampa, Florida
“Delicious country cooking!”
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Was in fort myers for a day and we decided to stop here for lunch!! Wow the food was amazing. What great country cooking. The collard greens and field peas were very tasty. My father's sandwich was also delicious. We enjoyed every bite. Recommend this restaurant to all looking for a place to eat in fort myers!!

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank susann w
Punta Gorda, Florida
“Still a great place to eat”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

It has been many years since I've been to The Farmers Market. We moved away in 2001 and moved back to the area this year. We wanted to go somewhere different for lunch and I remembered The Farmers Market. My wife has never been here and she was getting worried seeing the we were going into a not so great area of town. After eating, she didn't care about the area and said that we would be coming back. The people are friendly and the service is good. The food is great. My wife had the chicken livers with fried green tomatoes, collard greens and fried okra. Yes, the meals come with 3 vegetables. I had the fried white fish with real mashed potatoes, collard greens and cabbage. The meals also comes with homemade rolls and corn muffins. We had sweet tea to drink. Everything was delicious and cooked to perfection. It's been 12 years since I've been here and it hasn't changed. If you like down home country cooking, this is the place to come. Don't let the surrounding area keep you away from some of the best country cooking in SW Florida.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank CaribLover_8
Tallahassee, Florida, United States
“Country Food at a Good Value”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

If you like down home country cooking and are not too picky about atmosphere, then this is a good place. The Farmer's Market Restaurant offers up a daily menu with the likes of southern fried chicken, meat loaf, southern fried catfish, and even prime rib with a substantial compliment of vegetable sides to choose from. Three sides are offered with the meal and if you want a vegetable platter you can choose 5 sides ranging from their lengthy list of offerings that include collard greens, baked sweet potato, fried green tomatoes, okra and tomatoes, mashed potatoes, french fries and more. Their online menu also listed fried mullet, but on this Sunday evening visit, it was disappointed to learn it wasn't available.

I was tempted by the southern fried chicken, which certainly looked good, but opted for a mild white fish that was offered fried or seasoned broiled. Trying to limit my fried food intake, I chose the broiled fish and sides of collard greens, field peas w/ snaps, sweet potato, and corn bread. My mom, who ate with me this evening had the vegetable platter. These full meals were only $11.95 and 10.45 respectively and offered plenty of food. I would have opted for the fried mullet had it been available. The mild white fish was perfectly cooked however, and was a very generous portion, so I'm not complaining too much on that score. The field peas with snaps came out as black-eyed peas though so that was a disappointing.

This restaurant is a little off the beaten path, on the other side of the tracks, you might say, and is not going score very high on anyone's ambiance rating. Its basically a concrete block building next to the farmer's market warehouses, so there is not much of a view either. A pretty good meal for the money though.

• Visited August 2013
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
“Don't miss it!”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

WOW! WOW! WOW! I've wanted to try this place for a couple of weeks (since I read the yelp reviews and checked out the menu). So, we were in Fort Myers today and decided to take my mother in law out for lunch here. SO glad we did.

It was around 3PM and we were pretty hungry already. Just as we were told, it was a bit off the beaten path. I don't consider it a bad part of town by any means. It thought it was an area with lots of character. Use your GPS and you won't have a problem. It's only a few miles off the main road.

It was smaller than I expected but the perfect size. Very cozy and welcoming. We walked in and got a seat immediately. Our waitress (Debbie) greeted us immediately. I had the unsweetened iced tea with lemon (great!) and hubby had hot chocolate (real hot chocolate).

I had the fried chicken (crazy awesome and cooked when you order it!), hubby had the meatloaf and MIL had the vegetable plate.

Debbie brought out a basket of just out of the oven cornbread and rolls. The cornbread tastes like cornbread is supposed to taste. I grew up in the south and know! The rolls were incredible as well. Reminded me of lunch room rolls. I immediately commented that I felt as if I had stepped back in time.

Okay, skip forward to the food arriving. The vegetables are served in little round bowls and your main dish is served on another plate. It was honestly love at first bite. I fell in love with the green beans. OMG SO GOOD. Then I tasted the mashed potatoes. Again, INCREDIBLE. Okay, then I tasted the fried green tomatoes. Out of this world! My MIL had the fried okra which she's been craving for years. LOVED IT. My husband (who has no southern background) loved his food.

My vegetables were so good! The iced tea kept coming. The service is excellent. I recognized the owner in the restaurant and when he walked by our table he greeted us. The staff is so super friendly. I asked for a to go box for the rest of my delicious chicken. We shared a piece of the key lime pie and it was just amazing. I typically never like key lime pie but this one was perfect. Not too sweet and not too tart. Perfect. MIL took home a piece of just baked sweet potato pie and coconut cream pie (Gilligan would be so jealous!) for later.

I let our perfectly sweet waitress Debbie know that even though we've only been here two months, that this is our absolute favorite restaurant in Cape Coral/ Fort Myers.

To our surprise, for three people, including meals, drinks and three deserts, our bill was a whopping $43.

I know there are not many yelpers here in SW Florida as in California or other parts of the country, but I am happy a few people yelped this spot and I found it. If you live here and have never been- you are nuts! If you are visiting and don't go- you are crazy!

Best of the best! Thank you guys.

(Lots of free parking and Debbie even gave me an iced tea to go.)

• Visited December 2012