“Good food, good price”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
“Good food, good price”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

My family and I stopped by Sonny's Real Pit BBQ tonight and had a very enjoyable meal. For me, the smoked chicken and smoked sliced port was very tasty and needed no sauce. My wife enjoyed the sliced pork with Sizzlin' Sweet sauce. My daughters enjoyed the kids hot dog and mac'n'cheese plates. The portions were reasonable and would allow room for desert and/or appetizer. Soft drinks were very large, no refills required. Service was sufficiently attentive for a BBQ joint, and the meals arrived hot and quick. The atmosphere is a BBQ joint - no TVs, no bar, just tables, booths, and BBQ. In summary very good food, decent service, all at a good price. We will definitely be back.

• Visited September 2013
SonnysBBQ, Public Relations Manager at Sonny's BBQ, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for the great review Karl S! We're so happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed dining in with us. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Mesa
“Great Southern BBQ”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We also stopped in Marianna, Fl. and the food & service were both great. Great BBQ at a reasonable price.

• Visited July 2013
Fort Myers, Florida
“Restaurant Impossible is needed here!”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Don't know if they are a failing business, but it is old, in disrepair, and dirty. You can see the dust bunnies on the wagon-wheel light fixtures and ceiling fan blades. Carpet is filthy. Food is poor. We won't be returning. We have so many better restaurants in Fort Myers.

• Visited June 2013
SonnysBBQ, Public Relations Manager at Sonny's BBQ, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Daniel - we're sorry to hear about your recent experience and would like to reach out to you to learn more and help. Please email us as Social@SonnysBBQ.com so we can do so. We appreciate your feedback.
New Jersey
“Still Good After All these Years”
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Been stopping at Sonny's in Florida and Georgia for over 20 years and have always enjoyed lunch there.This one was no exception,it was clean and the service was quick and friendly.We had brisket and the smoked turkey which was lean and tasty,garlic bread was good,there signsture sauces were right on,and the price was right for a quick tasty lunch.I mean it's not gourmet food,but I would definitely recommend it.

Visited June 2013
“Pretty good BBQ!”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I enjoy coming here to eat the family platter with my cousins. The chicken and ribs are good and I like the pulled meat sandwiches. Baked beans and corn fritters are my favorite choices for sides. Love how they always offer to give me a take home cup for my sweet tea. They prices are also very reasonable

• Visited March 2013