“Pricey and Quality Much Less than Expected”

Cape Cod Fish Company
Ranked #2 of 868 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Takeout
Description: Authentic New England Seafood! "Bringing the flavors of the New England shores to Florida's Gulf Coast." Fried Ipswich Belly Clams, Chowder and Clamcakes, Lobstah Rolls. Casual restaurant with counter service, indoor and outdoor seating. Near beaches. Full Menu available for Take out.
Reviewed June 8, 2014

I saw all the 5 star reviews and thought we had really discovered something, I was sadly mistaken. Portions were 3 small pieces of fish. My first piece was really mushy. When I asked the owner about it-he informed us that it must have been from the belly and there was more fat on those pieces, he likes to give a mix of pieces so you have 2 and 1. I don't go out to eat fatty mushy fish for $14. I wasn't offered another piece of fish to replace the bad one. Maybe, if I would have been wearing a Red Sox cap I would have been. This was a conscious effort on his part to serve us fatty mushy fish. This is totally unacceptable in my book. We will never give this place a second chance.

5  Thank 3OakleyR2
Luv522, Owner at Cape Cod Fish Company, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Dear Miss Oakley,
Your review is appreciated and taken to heart. I remember talking with you the evening you visited, and you are absolutely correct in that I should have at least made the offer of cooking you another piece of fish to make up for the one you did not enjoy. I do not know what I was thinking, and sincerely apologize for not taking the proper actions to fixing a problem.
Cape Cod Fish Company prides itself on only serving the best quality and freshest seafood available, and an unhappy guest is not an option to us.
Please let us redeem ourselves by inviting you and a guest to dinner on us. I promise to make your second and future experiences here better than your first. I hope you give us another chance, and visit us again. Sincerely, Joseph Faria

Reviewed May 31, 2014

If you like fish and chips you will really enjoy them here. We ate here this week for lunch and had the fish and chips. For $14.00 you get three pieces of delicious fried cod and a large side of fresh cut french fries with a small order of cole slaw. The fish was hot, tasty and crispy. The fries were hot and done to perfection. The fries were fresh cut and not salty. The cole slaw was a bit bland but improved with a little salt. We also had the fried calamari which was hot and crispy. It was drizzled with a sweet soy sauce and a lime aloi. Very different from the usual spicy tomato sauce. I thought it was really tasty. The decorations in this small restaurant are so cute. Beach decor and so clean. The bathroom off the small dining room is new and was so clean. Our waitress was friendly and pleasant. The restaurant is located at the end of a strip mall, not a great location but we'll worth the effort to find it. I wish them much success.

3  Thank veteran11
Reviewed May 31, 2014

I loved the hand-breaded Shrimp. They were large and cooked to perfection. However, I didn't like the coleslaw. It was very dry and tasteless. The French fries were hand-cut, but not crunchy. I thought it was a bit pricey. I could've gone a few blocks up the road and had all-you-can-eat hand breaded shrimp for $12.00 rather than pay almost $19 for basket food.

3  Thank breezy2007
Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stopped at this place because their yelp reviews were great. The reviews were so right on! The lobster roll is delicious and the blackened salmon tacos were to die for. We ate there 3 out of the 4 nights we were in Fort Meyers

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stayed down in Fort Myers with my wife, and eat at different restaurant for each meal. The food was so good we had to go back. First time we eat there we had it to go, and the food was amazing. Next time we ate there and the food was even better! You must try the lobster mac and cheese on Wednesday. SO GOOD!