“Not even close.” 2 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Cape Coral FL
“Not even close.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

We decided to wait a few weeks after the opening to let the new owners smooth out things. We were great fans of the previous restaurant in this location and dined there many times, so we were curious about the lengthy remodeling that had been done. The inside is nice, I guess. It felt like a slightly improved Bob Evans. The new bar area is small but has a few hightops. We sat in a nice new booth, too. BUT...the server was...umm...not smooth. The menu is great if you're really into seafood; I'm allergic to shellfish so my choice was very limited, and pretty high priced. We weren't offered water, and server brought 2 rolls. Yes, 2. We ordered glasses of wine and I think the bartender wasn't sure what a serving was because they were quite different in size. I had the pork chop, a very generous cut and tasty, if a little skimpy on the sauce. The mashed potatoes were good, real potatoes! Vegies were out of a bag and awful. My companion had salmon, which was overcooked. The server never asked if we wanted dessert or coffee (which we did, but didn't order), just brought the check. It took a while to pay. Given the total cost, we won't be going back. Well, I might try lunch. But don't waste your time. If you want fast dining (rather than fine dining) go to Bonefish or Carrabba's and save some $$.

Kingston, Massachusetts
“Not for me!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

I always look for new places to eat, my husband and I a retired. We visited you place on 10/08/13. I found the prices to be too high, food sub standard.
Maybe the owner should get into another business.

Cape Coral, Florida
“Food was very good and fast service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

For a new place, they have ironed out the kinks pretty quickly. All 4 meals of my party were very solid. The build your burger w/o extra charge for things like bacon and onions/mushrooms is a nice feature. I had the prime rib cheese steak sandwich. It was great and pretty good size. The kitchen put out our food in short order which was nice at the lunch hour to get in and out.
Only negative is that they have no liquor license yet. But I'm sure that will come.
Overall very good experience on my first visit.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Fort Myers, Florida
“This restaurant will make it”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

Our party of four visited TDH American Grille on a Wednesday night. The new owners have completely redone this old Burger King. There have been several failures at this location since Burger King closed up. Part of the reason was that no matter how good the food, you still felt like you were in a Burger King. While the atmosphere is not fantastic, it is much improved. I personally ordered a burger because a friend told me it's one of the best in the area. I was disappointed. The meat was dry and overcooked. (I ordered it medium rare.) The two men both ordered the seafood gratin which I tried. It was excellent. I tried a bottled cider which was interesting, kind of a meld of cider and beer. Very good. Service was slow but good. When they work the kinks out, I think this restaurant will make it.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
“I'm not sure what they are trying to do here.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

This is an old Burger King restaurant that although is new inside, has no atmosphere. There is really no theme to the place. The food is over-priced and takes way too long to arrive. The food tastes ok, nothing special. The waitstaff is very inexperienced. Don't waste your time or money at this place. We are always looking for and hopeful for new places in this area, but this one probably won't be here very long. Like we sometimes say, "it looks like they remodeled the place for the next person who decides to give the place a shot!"

• Visited September 2013