“What a fantastic find!”
Review of The Melting Pot

The Melting Pot
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #63 of 880 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Fondue restaurant with many takes on fondue. From cheese to chocolate and many in between. The ambience is lovely, dark and romantic but all tables are well lit so also good for celebration parties too
We visited with friends on a birthday celebration where Christyna was a fabulous server and again10 days later, just my husband and I as we enjoyed it so much. Our server was Greg who was really helpful and very sociable too.
It was fun to cook the main course ourselves and the sauces and dips really were fantastic. Because of the hot oil/broth/cheese I wouldn't recommend that young children participate but all is very safe and we visited with young teenage children who loved it, especially the S'mores fondue with, pound cake, fruit, marshmallows, rice crispy cake and cheese cake!
I can't say how much we enjoyed it enough!

Ian R, Manager at The Melting Pot, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad that you enjoyed yourself. Since writing your review we have remodeled the restaurant. It is beautiful and we hope that you will join us to enjoy the new look and feel.

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

They could quite possibly make the best dirty martini in the area! Great food, knowledgable servers, active management that always checks on your table and an incredible experience!

Please note that I have found that men are not huge fans of this restaurant because it is a little labor intensive to eat. This is the ultimate ladies night restaurant tho!!! Just writing this review is making me hungry. Hopefully next time I won't get so full from the cheese, salad and entree and I will actually be able to eat the chocolate!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

The 2nd Monday of each month, The Melting Pot has a "Girls Night Out" dinner. My girlfriends & i decided to have our annual Christmas gathering at the restaurant and enjoyed a 4 course dinner. We started with several different flavorful hot cheese dips accompanied by selected chunks of bread, vegetables, green apples and chips. Then came our salads followed by our entree of selected cuts of meat (filet, sirloin, chicken) and shrimp. We chose a beef broth for cooking which was flavorful but not overpowering. it came with red potatoes, vegetables and large mushrooms, as well. The grand finale was chocolate fondue (milk, dark or white chocolate) with platters of rice crispie treats, brownies, jumbo marshmallows, pound cake, cheese cake & sliced juicy strawberries. I would be remiss in not mentioning the most attentive staff, they are top notch! Girls, if you're looking for something fun to do with your friends, enjoy yourselves for Girls Night Out at the Melting Pot...you'll be happy you did!

Reviewed November 20, 2012

This restaurant has become one of my favorite for spending some couple time with my wife or for special occasions. They take reservations which is nice and the atmosphere is quiet and romantic. In my opinion the price is a pit to high and making a slight change would draw more people in the door but I am sure they have a plan.

Food quality is great and the service has always been exceptional. In fact, I proposed to my wife in this very restaurant and the staff was amazingly helpful in making it go off without a hitch. They brought her ring out on a desert plate right on cue and it was a great time.

Reviewed April 28, 2012

Growing up in the 70's my parents would bring out the fondue set once in awhile as something fun for the family to do together. I used to look forward to those nights and was excited to see a restaurant that did fondue today. My husband and I went and got right in. Service was great from the hostess opening the door to great us as well as seat us right away, to our waiter who explained everything in great detail to the manager who stopped by a few times to make sure things were good. I had the S'mores Martini which was to die for, definitely try it if you like rich martinis. We had the cheddar jalepeno cheese for starter which was perfect. They make it for you at the table so you can make it as mild or hot as you like. We received green apples, fresh veggies, bread and tortillas to dip in the cheese. It would be easy to fill up on this alone! For dinner we went plain and I got the chicken and my husband the beef. Also comes with potatos, broccoli and mushroom caps. The waiter was great in telling us how long how to cook everything properly. For dessert we had the chocolate turtle which was a chocolate caramel mixture which they light at the table (very cool to watch) to heat up. This came with cheesecake, strawberries, banana, brownies, pound cake and rice krispie treats. Everything was soooo good and we had such fun bringing back old memories. My only complaint was that it was very dark in the restaurant so it was a bit hard to read the menu, check the wellness of your meat, but otherwise would highly recommend this for a special night out.