“Sushi Buffet had great choices”

Jing Du Japanese Buffet
Ranked #87 of 933 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 6, 2014

My family and I went to Jing Du Japanese Buffet on Oct. 31, 2013 for dinner. We appreciated the wide selection of Sushi in their buffet although the Chinese food section was not too extensive despite the relatively high price of $13.50 per person.

The ambiance was good but the servers did not have a good command of English so it was a bit difficult to communicate with the lady waitress when I asked for my receipt. My son, who knows Mandarin Chinese, said that she mentioned something in their dialect about my request being foolish which of course, I did not appreciate.

The refills for the drinks took a bit too long.

I enjoyed their sushi but not the service.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Great find for lunch. $9.99 plus 75 cents for green tea. I gave it 5 stars based on value, as I have had better sushi, but at a much higher price point. Hibachi area with beef, chicken, shrimp and veggies cooked while you wait. Sushi buffet, includes seaweed salad and lots of rolls and nigiri. Also hot chinese buffet with the usual offerings.
It was busy when we stopped by but our plates were efficiently cleared when we went up to get more food. We will definitely return.

1  Thank NLO888
Reviewed January 30, 2014

We found this gem by accident and have been back several times. For only $10 at lunch and $13.50 for dinner you would be hard pressed to find anything that compares. The all you can eat buffet is extensive and includes both raw and cooked oysters, large mussels, shrimp, lots of sashimi and sushi, numerous salads and a great house ginger salad dressing (and others). They have a section where you can select different meats, vegetables and sauces and they cook it for you while you watch. There is a hot foods section with chicken, pork, duck, beef, shrimp & fish prepare in a variety of different ways. The Hot & Sour soup is among the best I have had (and we are very well travelled). We haven't tried it but they do have crab available at an additional cost, but there is already so much variety that it seems silly to add the crab too.
I've read some of the other reviews and have to say that I just don't get how anyone could be dissapointed ... This is not a trip to the Ritz Carleton nor is it priced as such. The atmosphere is very nice, the staff is friendly and helpful, the buffet and the drinks are all reasonably priced, and the food is great. We took our 5 adult children and they were amazed at the variety and quality of food. For less than $200 seven of us ate very well, had several drinks and left a good tip ...
My wife and I keep going back and if you haven't been here recommend you try it.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

There where a few items that where decent, but overall I wasn't impressed. Maybe my standards are too high, but I seen so many mixed reviews on this place and wanted to love it cause of the price and location but I won't be going back. I'm confused at the one's that say this place is great. It's an average buffet. The fried stuff was all over breaded and over oily. The sushi was mostly moist rice. The mushrooms, one chicken dish, and the coconut shrimp where pretty good, but not much else, in my opinion. Also, rather then music, the tv was muted and left on the news- bad choice for dining, again in my opinion. The sushi area and cooking stand have tip jars, pretty tacky, too. I didn't try that cause the slabs meat sitting in a bowl didn't make a good impression on me. 1 time visit is alright but don't choose it for a special ocasion!

Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

Too much breading, not much variety. Sashimi Ok but how can you screw up raw fish? Way over priced. Great service.

1  Thank Mike B