“Food is terrible, atmosphere is good.”
Review of Cantina Laredo

Cantina Laredo
Ranked #62 of 868 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I have visited this place many many times. I hate the food each time. No taste. Its not the prices. I could care less is If have to pay 28 bucks for a meal, as long as it is good. But the food here is terrible. I am a Mexican American. I know the real deal. But the food has no taste, although the mariachi band is great. Thats all I enjoy from this place. Terrible terrible food!!!!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Who spends $10 for guacamole? I do when it is fresh prepared tableside. It is the best!

My hubby and I got two different steak entrees. Mine was Carne Asada. Too many onions but the steak was tender, juicy and flavorful.

My hubby's steak was delicious, stuffed with a variety of things too numerous to mention but he loved it. We ate very well.

The service was very good. The restaurant is very clean but needs a little attention to dusting the tops of the booth partitions.

I will be back for more guacamole!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I cannot say enough about the food. Not "traditional" Mexican, but rather outstanding Tex-Mex. the bar has an outstanding tequila selection as well as ice cold beer, wine and mixed drinks. Did I mention the food is outstanding?
One suggestion, step outside the box when you order. You can get good traditional offering anywhere. Be adventurous and order something unique.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Its a long story but Reception Manager at the Marriott Ft Myers Beach recommended the cantina as we were at a loss as to which restaurant to eat at. My knowledge of Mexican food is quite limited but the culinary specticle of a simple guacamole being made at your table is worth the visit. The quantities are generous and the food is of a good quality.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Cantina Laredo is very nice, clean and a notch or two above standard Mexican fare. We were a party of 5 including two kids. The food was excellent as every one of us were very pleased. Service was also excellent. The two issues: first, we had to ask for children's menus. Seemed like he wanted our kids to order from the adult menu which of course is more expensive. Second, they have a mariachi band that comes around and plays. On the guitars are little stickers that say tips are welcome. They played a song at our table and when they were done, one guy stayed behind and practically begged for a tip saying the singer is Cuban and should be compensated. none of us had any smaller bills so we ended up giving 10 bucks for a song we didn't even ask for. I thought that was pretty bold.