“Totally BROKE”

Ranked #531 of 864 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed August 26, 2013

After being ignored at Mel's I drove over to S&S and got in line at the Carry Out sign. There was already a guys there who had placed his order and he let me get up to the counter. I had 3 - count 'em THREE staff look right at me and turn and walk away. I finally asked the gril guy if anybody was working - he went and found somebody to help me - well kinda help.
After I gave her my order she wanted to be paid - I told her she would get the money when I got my food - her reply - It's our policy . . my reply 'I guess it's also your policy to ignore customers'
She trotted off to get the manager . . while she was gone the other guy and I watched as several orders sat in the drive through window for over 5 minutes before they were handed out.
He had been there 10 minutes longer than I had been and I told him I bet I got my order before he got his . . . Ya know what - I was right and his order came out wrong
The burger was mediocre, the fries were undercooked, the shake was very thin - the Cherry Limeade was pretty good. The Service was totally lacking

There are newer reviews for Steak 'n Shake

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Don't let the name fool you. Just another pedestrian Burger Joint. Staffed by disinterested youth.
Slow Service, Mystery Meat Burgers, so so Shakes.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Stake N Shake is what it is, and no one expects much. And you do not get much - the shakes are good, but the rest of the food is lousy.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Better burgers, fries and chicken that at your standard fast foods (McDonalds, etc). The prices were good and the staff was fast and friendly. We only went through the drive thru.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I have only gone a few times to Steak n' shake, first i will tell you that that the milkshakes are fantastic!!! They are so thick, but the burgers leave a little to be desired. They have a good flavor,but every time I took a bite, my mouth felt like it filled up with grease!!! I did not enjoy that!!
I tried the patty melt another time, and it had to much grease, also. The chilli was good, though.
I will just go thru the drive-thru for a really good milkshake.