“Ny style pizza”

Add it.
Birdie's Pizza
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Fresh, quick service, and friendly staff... would recommend!
Only if u like a thin crust tho... found the rest delicious and have gone back a few more times.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I really enjoy Birdie's Pizza, I will sneak over while my wife is shopping for a new pair of shoes or the newest purse to go into her collection. Close to Edison Mall it is a two minute walk outside of JC Penny's. The place may not be the cleanest but when you get your pizza who really cares because all you start thinking about is ordering another piece of pizza.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

After the Hooter's and the Iguana Mia right off of Cleveland Avenue near the Edison Mall is this little hole in the wall restaurant that serves the best Pizza in Florida. I used to go this place when it was owned by Mr. "Birdie" a.k.a Frank and his wife Anne. I was years ago that Frank and Anne passed down the tradition of making pizza which they did in both New York and Florida to my friend now Guy. Guy doesn't care how much his cost in ingredients goes up. He refuses to compromise when making a New York pie for you. He makes his pizza pies just like Frank and Anne used to. Thin crust genuine New York style. His competitors are disappointed that he doesn't take their advice. I bet. They just want to put him out of business.

The atmosphere is nothing to write home about. There is a very small area for dining. A few years ago Guy finally got some muzak in the place. He doesn't really need anything, but the quality food that he serves.

I went on a kick for about three months eating nothing but Turkey Subs at Birdies. I lost weight and my blood pressure went down. Now you would think that I would get sick of eating turkey subs. I mean turkey? Who wants to eat that everyday? Yet a Birdie's turkey sub is mouth-watering. And now they will even heat it up for you no extra charge!

Everyone knows my name as infrequently as I go there now. Unfortunately I live in South Fort Myers and they are in the city. Oh yeah, they are also closed on Sundays and Mondays.

Someone wrote the worst service they have ever seen? Well you are suppose to go the register. Order your food and they wait for it. No tipping is necessary or expected. You are expected to get your food from the register once your name is called. Sheesh. You don't have to bus your table, but it is nice to return the pizza pans and plastic baskets. Then just throw you trash in the bucket or leave it there they will clean it up.

So pass up Hooter's and Iguana Mia and have some of the best pizza in the United States or a sub that is so good that you will want to take one home in a doggy bag.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We eat at Birdies about twice a month, and have never been disappointed. The garlic knots will make you wanting more. Have some every visit. Like that they sell slices, makes for a quick in out lunch. Dinner time we always get one of the yummy pies. The staff has always been friendly and attentive. You order from the counter, so don't park yourself waiting for a waitress. Slices are NY style, with great sauces and lots of cheese. Yummmmm

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I hesitate giving this restaurant two stars since I didn't have the opportunity to try their pizza and cannot, in all fairness, assign an accurate rating to the establishment. However, I am writing this review, not on the product, but on the service I was shown when I walked into the restaurant to place an order.

I walked up to the counter, not knowing if that is what I was supposed to do since it was my first visit, and watched and listened to the young man behind the counter, the only employee in sight, hold a discussion with one of his patrons seated at a near table about politics. Mind you, I stood less than three feet away from this employee and in his plain sight. After standing there listening to him go on and on about the current state of affairs and compare it against previous administrations for over 60 seconds without being acknowledged at all, I asked if I could place an order. Without moving anything but his head on his shoulders, he turned to face me and said, "Don't interrupt me when I'm talking," and immediately turned back to the patron he was addressing and continued talking.

I walked out. I will never return. It's a shame, because I have read so many outstanding reviews about Birdie's pizza being some of the best in the area. But I won't be treated like that and give this person my hard earned money. If he is the owner, I'm surprised he's still in business. If he's an employee, he should be shown the street if the owner doesn't want to lose more business.