“Not much to this, but the pizza....oooooohhhhh”
Review of Birdie's Pizza - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Birdie's Pizza
Cuisines: Pizza
Fort Myers, Florida
“Not much to this, but the pizza....oooooohhhhh”
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

We eat at Birdies about twice a month, and have never been disappointed. The garlic knots will make you wanting more. Have some every visit. Like that they sell slices, makes for a quick in out lunch. Dinner time we always get one of the yummy pies. The staff has always been friendly and attentive. You order from the counter, so don't park yourself waiting for a waitress. Slices are NY style, with great sauces and lots of cheese. Yummmmm

Visited June 2013

Cape Coral, Florida
“Worst service I've seen”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I hesitate giving this restaurant two stars since I didn't have the opportunity to try their pizza and cannot, in all fairness, assign an accurate rating to the establishment. However, I am writing this review, not on the product, but on the service I was shown when I walked into the restaurant to place an order.

I walked up to the counter, not knowing if that is what I was supposed to do since it was my first visit, and watched and listened to the young man behind the counter, the only employee in sight, hold a discussion with one of his patrons seated at a near table about politics. Mind you, I stood less than three feet away from this employee and in his plain sight. After standing there listening to him go on and on about the current state of affairs and compare it against previous administrations for over 60 seconds without being acknowledged at all, I asked if I could place an order. Without moving anything but his head on his shoulders, he turned to face me and said, "Don't interrupt me when I'm talking," and immediately turned back to the patron he was addressing and continued talking.

I walked out. I will never return. It's a shame, because I have read so many outstanding reviews about Birdie's pizza being some of the best in the area. But I won't be treated like that and give this person my hard earned money. If he is the owner, I'm surprised he's still in business. If he's an employee, he should be shown the street if the owner doesn't want to lose more business.

• Visited May 2013
Lehigh Acres, Florida
“A real taste of NY Pizza in Florida”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Absolutely the best NY style pizza in all of Florida. Highly recommended.

Walking into Birdies reminds me of my favorite pizza places in Long Island, NY or on the lower east side of NYC. They're good people with great humor and absolutely the best pizza in Florida.

• Visited March 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great food but theres a 500+ black dude that sweats and drips on your pizza”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Amazing Pizza.. Subs are not that great.. but pizza is the best in SWFL! Only turn off is there is a 500lb black guy who looks just like fat albert who drips and drips sweat non stop... even his arms and hands sweat. watched tons of sweat just drip onto my slices.. then he whipes it with a rag.. gross.. he needs to hit the gym

• Visited February 2013
Tolland
“Good Pizza”
Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

Very good pizza in a town that's not known for good pizza. Worth trying, friendly staff. Will go back again!!