“Really safe place the police like it here”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Frankie's Family Restaurants
Ranked #564 of 857 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Monroe, Michigan
“Really safe place the police like it here”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

One of my Dad's favorite local places. Went and tried it out and had an average hot turkey sandwich with some really good chicken noodle soup. My son and I both tried the chili and I thought it was average but he loved it. The place was just a little pricy for me.

• Visited June 2013

Fort Myers, Florida
“CHILI IS AWESOME!!!!!”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

My husband and I frequent Frankes on a regular basis and we have not ordered anything at all that we have not thoroughly enjoyed. We were there yesterday for lunch and I ordered their chili. It is very very good and the serving was big enough for me to be able to enjoy the left overs for lunch today at work. You will not be disappointed at all,,,,a definite must try!!!!!

• Visited April 2013
Cape Coral, Florida
“Don't eat the chili”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Went today for lunch. I had been warned by others that this was not a good place to eat, but thought I'd give it a try. The greeter was friendly, but that was about it with the staff. I got the feeling that if I wanted to be treated nicely (or served at all for that matter) I had to be a regular and male. Ordered a side salad, which was nice and fresh and a bowl of chili. I'm not sure the chili was really chilli. Tasted more like a bowl of sausage gravy that someone threw some fermented canned beans in than an actual bowl of "Skyline, Cincinnnati-style Chili". And it was VERY cold. So cold that I wondered if it had been pulled from the freezer. Sent it back to have it heated up and spent a loooooooong time waiting (how long does it take to nuke?) to get it back. It took so long that I considered just paying for it and leaving. Spent $9.53 for the experience (for just a bowl of chili and a side salad!) which in my estimation was very expensive for what I got. In retrospect, I should have gone to Wendy's and saved some $$$ and actually would have had a better lunch.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank barbarapowers
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“what is expecting more for my buck”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

had not been there in awhile went with some girlfriends , 2 of us had the turkey sandwich , a thin slice of turkey for almost 8 dollars . One had to tuna platter plenty of food but very expensive for lunch .
Not again, sorry

1 Thank vyrlpad
florida
“Good traditional Breakfast Place with prompt service.”
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went there today, a Sunday, around 10:30 and were satisfied with the restaurant all around. Now for the details. It's at the beginning of an industrial part of town. Large full parking lot. Noticed even while in the parking lot that most of the clientele is 50 and over. Stepped inside and decor is a 60s early 70s, but clean and with lots of light We were greeted by the friendly cashier. I mentioned it was our first time there. Though the place was full, shortly thereafter we were escorted to our seats by a friendly but fast moving hostess. We were asked as we were just sitting down if we wanted something to drink. We both asked for coffee and it was quickly brought by our server. We decided on hash brown plate and two egg plate. We ordered our eggs over easy. Both came with toast and choice of grits or potatoes. While we were waiting for our food someone came to refill our coffee. Our food came out right after our coffee was refilled. Food was fresh, hot, well prepared and adequate quantity. The only thing that i was surprised to find was that my potatoes did not come pre salted. Judging by the older clientele, that probably makes sense. Though waitress was obviously busy checked back with us. And a pleasant surprise as our busboy, was clearing our plates, he introduced himself and asked us how we enjoyed our first visit. Nice touch. Bill was $19 for the two us, including a full glass of juice my husband ordered after our breakfast. Noticed a sign at the the entrance as i looked back that if you're a veteran you get a free beverage and if you're active duty on leave you get something else as well..don't remember whether free meal or what but....still whatever, it's nice. We will make our way back to this restaurant.