“Exceptional. A rare gem of a restaurant.”
Review of Sasse's

Sasse's
Ranked #61 of 863 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: European, Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of Fort Myers, Sasse’s is a casual cozy restaurant that features authentic Northern-Italian and European food, prepared to perfection in our wood burning oven.
“Exceptional. A rare gem of a restaurant.”
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Our office regularly frequents Sasses. We have been going to lunch at Sasses for several years. We often hold company meetings there and eagerly bring top level clients to Sasses for lunch. Our expectations are ALWAYS exceeded and since Chef Zimmerman began running the restaurant the menu has improved. Sasses staff is always on point and always attentive. The food and service is exquisite. My favorite dish thus far is the Shrimp Risotto. If you haven't been there you are missing out. When you go be sure to try the special. Cheers.

“European Flavor”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

The food and presentation was exceptional. Service was above and beyond. The owner/Chef (from Europe) very attentive and friendly. Do not be put off by the neighborhood or exterior appearance, it's all about the food and the personal attention. We will return.

• Visited June 2013
Cape Coral, Florida
“excellent excellent”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My daughter & I went for lunch at Sasse's, To begin with,we where served a light & fluffy focaccia bread & some extra virgin olive oil. For a starter we shared a delicious Caesar salad with the perfect amount of dressing. My daughter had a thin crust pepperoni pizza," that could not have been any better", she said. I had the chicken risotto, which was creamy, perfectly cooked, well seasoned with nice chunks of chicken breast. A very friendly chef stopped at the table & checked with us about the food . The waitress was friendly & very attentive. brownies where served with the check and they were excellent. Wish there would be more places like this in Ft. Myers..

“TERRIBLE.... TERRIBLE..... TERRIBLE....”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Our office, a party of 7, went to lunch at this place because we heard how wonderful it was, NOT! This food was ok but that CHEF - the one that thinks he is Chef Ramsey... He is very RUDE and borderline ASSAULTED me when I asked why he was refusing to take off the "Tuna Wrap" that was ordered by one of our party. When it was ordered, he thought that it was "TUNA" like the menu stated, not Starkist tunafish from a can, who would have thought that for the hefty price of $10.00. When we inquired as to why the Chef would not remove it from our bill, the Chef became very confrontational and combative, to the point that he ran towards me in a manner that would have warranted me to "Stand My Ground". He spoke very demeaning to me and our party and was very dismissive.

I will never go there again and will advise anyone and everyone that I know not to go there. I have also let our clients and vendors know, as it was because of a Vendor that we went there!

Also, when standing up to leave, after being verbally assaulted, I noticed that there were 3 roaches running around between the entry way and the kitchen / Health Inspector should love this one! Look Out Chef Ramsey WANNABE, clean up your attitude and the roaches because you never know when you will get a visit from the Health Inspector, the Fire Marshall, the Health Department, etc.!

2 Thank Jeannie D
Fort Myers, Florida
“Terrible, this was a nightmare!”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

A group of us went there on our lunch break. The food took over 35 minutes and left much to be desired. A person in our group ordered the tuna on the lunch menu. When it came out and he tried it, it was tuna fish from a can. The menu never indicated anything of the sort just stated a tuna wrap which was misleading. When the server asked if anything was wrong he said he did not like it and sent it back after one bite. He was not offered anything in the alternative and when we requested our bill at the end of the meal, the $10 tuna fish wrap was still on the bill. The server said the chef wouldn't take it off of the bill. When we asked about it, Chef Zimmermann came over to our table and said I cannot take it off. When we asked why and stated that the menu was misleading and I wouldn't have ordered it I would have know it was tuna in a can, he proceeded to get loud and confrontational. He said, "first of all, don't tell me how to write my menu..." and when we said never mind he got loud and rude in the middle of the restaurant. He was very unprofessional and rude. We will never go back there.

ChefJZ, Owner at Sasse's, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
We appreciate all reviews and take them to heart. It helps us to give our patrons a wonderful dining experience.
During an extremely busy lunch it is not always possible to reserve a table on short notice for the time you wish to come together. We do apologize not to be able to seat you at your first choice at noon when you called for your reservation and gave your group the next available seating at 1:30pm. You were seated and served within reasonable 15 minutes.
As the Chef/Owner, I do apologize, not to come instantly to your table when you questioned an item on the menu, however communication was difficult due to vulgar language on your side.
I personally regret your experience,

Chef/Owner