WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Sasse's

Sasse's
Ranked #60 of 823 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located in the heart of Fort Myers, Sasse’s is a casual cozy restaurant that features authentic Northern-Italian and European food, prepared to perfection in our wood burning oven.
Gainesville, Florida
“Don't know why we waited so long!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

We moved to Fort Myers one year ago and have had many recommendations to try Sasse's. I think the neighborhood this fantastic restaurant is located in kept us away, but we will now definitely be back! We went in during off season on a Wednesday night and were one of only two tables in use. The waitress was attentive, helpful and interested in chatting with us. We started with a glass of house wine recommended by said waitress. We then split a salad having the benefit of seeing our neighboring table's salad order delivered. More than enough for 2 people as expected for the price of around $6-$8 depending on which salad you order.
My husband ordered the veal entrée and I the rigatoni. Both were excellent and I thought very fairly priced. I had more than half of my entrée leftover for lunch the next day.
The chef himself came over to our table on two occasions, once with delivery of our entrees and once after completion to offer us a complimentary taste of his panna cotta! I would not expect this had the restaurant been more full, but it was a nice touch. It was very obvious he appreciates his customers as on our way out we saw him chatting with the other table as well.
While we were fortunate to be there on a less than busy evening everyone who speaks highly of Sasse's suggests reservations on weekends and during season.
The ONLY "bad" thing to say about Sasse's is its location. It's in a random strip mall in a not so great neighborhood but you forget about that as soon as you enter! We will be back!

Visited June 2013

Fort Myers, Florida
“Blown away!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

This chef has it spot on. As a frequent traveler to northern Italy, I didn't think I would ever find this level of food in the states.
Don't let the neiborhood fool you it is a clean and inviting restaurant. The quality and composition of the food is on par with a cretain tire company's star restaurants.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Bedford, New York
“What a find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

A bit off the beaten path but well worth the trip. This is a small restaurant owned and operated by the chef (Josef Zimmerman), who really cares about what he serves and how it's presented. Every dish, from the mussels ( fresh and so very tasty both in red or white sauce), the excellent salads- I especially liked the insalata de Gorgonzola prepared with the freshest herbs and slices ( thick sticks really) of excellent cheese, red tomatoes, butter greens and assorted coral honeysuckle buds, to,the entrees, were terrific. The salmon made with a light sauce of fried capers, artichoke, tomatoes, olives placed on top of a creamy risotto was devine, as was the shrimp spaghetti - bountiful delicious shrimp in a very tasty red sauce. Wines were affordable with a good selection.
All this plus Chef Josef comes to table to chat and see if all well. a delightful man who cooks wonderfully .
Can't wait to return.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
“Delicious. Hidden Gem.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

You will only get here if you mean to go here. Driving down the street you think you've made a wrong turn somewhere --- can great cuisine be tucked into a mainly empty strip center in a somewhat questionable area?

Absolutely!

I have been here on a few occasions and today over a lunch with folks from the office I enjoyed a divine tomato soup and stuffed meatballs with pasta. Both were fantastic.

We were treated to a free brownie as I have been everytime I've been here.

Make a point if trying this place you will enjoy it.

Cape Coral, Florida
“Hidden delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

I found this place by accident, we did a plumbing job there. Now typically I will not eat at restaurants I worked at because I see things patrons aren't suppose to see but this place was spotless and the food just looked amazing. The next night I brought some friends and it was everything I imagined it to be.

The food was great, the service was great and the owner took the time to greet every guest, this restaurant is going on the top of my list.

• Visited May 2013