“Sad to see this place go downhill”
Review of Edison Lunch Box

Edison Lunch Box
Ranked #410 of 886 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed August 18, 2011

I have been a regular customer to the Edison Lunchbox for many years and have noticed since it moved to it's new location that it has been slowly going downhill. It used to be a friendly place to get something quick and good to eat, but no longer. Today was the last straw. I ordered a sandwich and the bread was so stale, it was almost inedible. The waitress, who was more interested in flirting with another customer (not unusual) , never bothered to come back and check on me (not unusual). I ate part of my sandwich because I was starving. I did mention to Michelle (the cashier/owner) in a very polite and discreet manner about the bread. Since she was more interested in a conversation she was carrying on with another customer (not unusual) I got a dismissive attitude with her saying that she had eaten some earlier and it was just fine. She took my cash (no discount offered for the staleness of the food) and went back to her conversation with the other customer. Since I am a regular and this is the first time I have complained, I should have been offered some kind of recompense. This, unfortunately, is the LAST time I will visit this establishment.

2  Thank barbarapowers
elbbig, Owner at Edison Lunch Box, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2011

We try. I have to apologize to the customers who feel like we "socialize" too much. This is not the first time I have heard this comment. Our "regular" customers are very friendly and seem to make them selves at home when they are here. I do not know how to make you feel welcome if this seems strange to you. I would hope you would just join in, we always welcome new people!
As many customers here know, I will go out of my way to make you feel at home and if you are not happy with something, please let me know and I will fix it. I must not have realized this was upsetting to this customer, I will try to pay more attention. But please make it clear how I can help, and I am never out of eyesight, please call me over immediately when you have an issue.

Reviewed July 5, 2011

This is what I would call a local gem. It is actually a diner located across the street from the Fort Myers Police Department, it gets very busy at lunchtime, but if you can get there in time for a seat, you will enjoy yourself. The owners are quick to get to know you and they are friendly folk. There are always specials and if you want something that isn't on the menu, you can ask for it. I really like the cheeseburger wrap with grilled onions. A true lunchtime extravagance.

1  Thank CaroleFlorida
Reviewed April 30, 2010

This is the 3rd time ordering from here and I offically give up on this place, no more will I order from them. Edison Lunch Box is 2 minutes away from my work, I ordered breakfast it took 1 hour and 15 minutes for it too arrive. Now if they would of told me the wait would of been that long, I would of ordered somewhere else, they had my number to call back it was that simple. So you would think common sense would be make the food before coming but NOoooooo it was ice cold so that hour and 15 minutes of waiting I can guarantee you that my food was just sitting there. I ordered the breakfast with 2 eggs scrambled/Crispy Bacon/Toast and Homefries, what i got was one egg scrambled/Bacon was Definitely not crispy, homefries were nasty and not even cooked all the way through, and the toast was soggy because it was just sitting there waiting to be delivered. To top it off I gave a good tip, before I even opened the box, I should of known better. I really think the owners need to do a test on their employees and supervisor and pretend to order and be someone else, I GUARANTEE actually I PROMISE you your order will be WRONG, COLD, and the WAIT well that's a whole another story. So owner's of this property I Dare you to test them on delivery and then call and complain just wait and see what happens because I am sooooo 100% confident you have no clue what's even happening. P.S. The second time I called to complain and asked to speak to the supervisor about the order she hung up on me and she was the damn supervisor, that's why I realize there is no point in complaining again because they just don't care about if you HAVE A PROBLEM with your order, I'm taking my business elsewhere. Just want everyone else not to waste their money.
Grrrrrrrrrrr .....VERY UPSET

3  Thank Larry41
Reviewed December 15, 2009

Edison Lunchbox is once of those gems that you find. It is a Mom & Pop hole in the wall that has great food, and great service. I have been there a few times and after just a couple times the waitress remembered who I was and even brought me my drink without me needing to order it. I now go there at least once per week and enjoy the atmosphere, friendliness, and the speed that they get your food out to you.

Reviewed January 19, 2009

This is one place I would never visit again. Taking a break from a court case, I walked over to Edison on the recommendation of a co-worker. Well, maybe it was because I was a new face in the crowd, but my reception was rather cold, much like I was a bother rather than a paying customer. A young girl came to take my order after a rather long wait, and the wait for my food was even longer. When my food finally came, I had to ask for my drink, which was not what I had ordered and ended up eating half of my lunch before the correct drink was brought. I ordered something simple, just a hamburger and fries. The burger was a tad under cooked, but ok. Nothing special. I would expect more from a mom and pop place, but I would say it was more along the lines of Wendy's or McDonalds, only twice the cost. Very over priced. When I went up to the counter to pay, the woman behind the counter was more interested in chatting with her friends then asking how my lunch was. She barely even acknowledged me.

2  Thank pottyone