“First Time Visit.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Clam Bake

Clam Bake
Ranked #38 of 848 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fort Myers, Florida, United States
“First Time Visit.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

This was our first time visiting the Clam Bake. We heard a lot about it and most people had favorable opinions. Went with two friends from New England. The atmosphere is casual, the service was fine, the food was good. I had broiled seafood and the others had various broiled seafood dishes. I don't know how to say this because I don't prefer large portions but I felt as though the portions were very controlled which is fine if you don't eat much, however, I did not feel the price matched the food portions. For the amount of food, I thought it was expensive. Even the side vegetable, which was steak fries, was very small and controlled. I don't eat a lot but I went home hungry after dinner and had to have a snack. I would prefer a little more food on my plate and let me control the portion. Our friends from New England did not seem overly impressed with the place.

• Visited May 2014

• Korean first
Bonita Springs, Florida
“Authentic New England Clam Bake in SW Fla”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

Tucked in the corner of a strip mall on the south side of 41 is an authentic New England seafood restaurant. The food was fantastic, the service was excellent, the prices were very reasonable, and the inside is surprisingly large and roomy.

Take your pick of New England favorites from fried Ipswich clams to Chowdah to mussels and steamers and of course lobster.

This was my first visit but there is I doubt I will be back again and again and again.

• Visited May 2014
Chesterfield, Missouri
“NOT GOOD since enlarged !”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

Last year we could not have enough of the Clam Bake. That was when they were in their smaller quaint locations.
Well this year, we just got back from Fort Myers, and were totally disappointed in the Clam Bake and will never go back !
The restaurant is very nice and much larger but the food has deteriorated ! I ordered a piece of fried haddock from the luncheon menu and it was very portion controlled looking and appeared to have been frozen. It was greasy,and I mean greasy and the coating was separated from the "fish square" so it was also soggy !! It was hot so you know it came directly from fryer.
My husband ordered the Grouper " dinner portion" blacked and grilled. It came out as a big hunk of fish that was not cooked at all. It was raw and tough. Once it was sent back to kitchen which to another 15 minutes it came out cooked but tough !! He said it even tasted old. Now we were the on a Saturday afternoon ( April 26,2014) at about 1:30 PM. It was not busy at all when we arrived but got busy as we waited to recook his fish.
Waitress was very nice and friendly !
Found a better place less than 1/4 mile away and will be going there in the future !
It is too bad because we were really looking forward to eating there but will never again! We liked it so well last year I gave them my Trip Advisor door decal & now I wanted to take it back! Oh well.. sometimes when you enlarge you do not stick to what you did best and this place proves that !!!

• Visited April 2014
Fort Myers
“Bigger and better.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

Had an excellent meal with great service. Fried whole belly clams and fried oysters were just like southern New England's. The Calamari with Banana Peppers. All the soups (Chowdah) 's are on the mark too!

• Visited March 2014
Illinois
“Good food but slow”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

We were seated 25 minutes after our reservation. Our food was slow to come. It was good New England seafood. Our order came out not exactly right but was quickly corrected. One thing I liked was when a drink was forgotten our waitress turned to one of the owners who was nearby & asked her to get it. The owner smiled & quickly brought it to our table.

• Visited March 2014