“All your New England faves”
Review of Clam Bake

Clam Bake
Ranked #57 of 933 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

This place was jumping -- packed -- even on a Tuesday night, but the staff really has it together. You can tell everyone is working together: fast, efficient, yet friendly/personable.
Started off with the seafood bisque -- creamy with bits of lobster; very good. My husband like his corn n crab soup with a tiny bit of spice.

The lobster rolls were packed with meat-- just meat not salad style. Everyone has their preference so they leave it up to you to decide -- you can add the table side tartar for a mayo type roll or just ask for a side of melted butter is you want it sautéed (different parts of NE).

In addition they have all your other fave stuffed quahogs, steamers, lobsters, haddock, etc etc

For desert try one if their pies -- like strawberry rhubarb warmed and seemed with ice cream. Nostalgic.

A definite keeper! Can't wait to go back

3  Thank AdvicePro

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Heard about The Clam Bake from a few friends, and decided to give it a try. We miss New England seafood in South Florida. It was a 25 to 30 minute ride from our house, but It was well worth the trip. The Restaurant I guess has moved into a larger building, and after seeing the number of full tables, and people waiting to be seated, it was a good move on the owners part. The Saturday night we went, and every Saturday night they have entertainment and the entrainment was great. The Duo was "The Sons of Beaches" and they were very entertaining. Now for the food, we started out with chowder, and it was very tasty. We then had a Stuffed Quahog, with Chourico spicy sausage, and it was delicious, just like on the Cape. I had the fried Ipswich clam roll, and it was delicious, it comes with a side and there were 8 sides to choose from. My partner had a Lobster Roll, and loved it, I had to ask for a taste, because she wasn't offering. ;-) Our other diner with us ordered the Fish and Chips and it looked very nice, a nice portion to cod and all the trimmings, fries and coleslaw. My waitress was very friendly and took very good care of our every need. I had ordered a beer while waiting for our appetizer to come out, and they brought me another kind, so I said " don't worry about it, Ill drink it", and the manager who happened to be walking by said no sir, I'll bring what you ordered, and it was there in 30 seconds. That's the kind of service The Clam Bake has. I think we have found a seafood restaurant that fits our needs. I think im going to get The Clambake dinner the next time we go, and we will be going very soon!

2  Thank Irishlad1234
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Always lived in New England Boston,Sudbury,presently cape cod. Consider myself lucky to have stumbled across this warm and friendless place with great seafood. I have been to the smaller and now the larger space and service and food have remained constant. I usually get the fried clams because I love them and they are excellent beaten end only by Kelly's on revere beach. My husband has had several types of fish and he has always been pleased. I might also add that the mother is so darn friendless and tries to say hello to everyone and the waiter son is a peach.

3  Thank Astrid02556
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We decided to try Clam Bake for some good steamed seafood. We were disappointed to find that most of the items were fried. We started our meal with the clam chowder. Very tasty with lots of potatoes and clams! Next we ordered the steamed mussels. They were seasoned nicely and served with warm bread and butter. However they were very small and half of the shells were empty! ( we were given a $6.00 credit for this ) for our dinners we ordered a lobster salad and crab stuffed baked shrimp. The salad was crispy but the lobster salad was tasteless. It would have been better if actual lumps of lobster were in the salad. The stuffed shrimp were suppose to have been stuffed with fresh blue crab claw meat. What was served was a mushy mess with no crab taste at all. The shrimp were sweet tasting but were served in a puddle of butter/oil. Not very appealing or tasty. The restaurant was very clean and had a nice atmosphere. The only way we would go back is if they put more steamed items in menu and less grease. For now we went there once and we are done !!!

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Everything on the menu rocks! I have never had a bad meal here. I would suggest the au gratin garlic potatoes with any meal you order.