“Don't hesitate!”
Review of Clam Bake

Clam Bake
Ranked #57 of 880 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We wanted seafood, we arrived, weren't too sure we were going to get anything better than the fish and chips that prevail in the UK (where we are from). but we couldn't be more wrong! This was a great new experience with the Mixed Seafood Combo Bake (shrimp, clams, scallops, haddock and crabmeat with garlic baked crust) and my cousin had great lobster. Try the quahog too - amazing!

We will definitely eat here again next time we come to Ft Myers/ Sanibel. If you are, like us, unsure... don't hesitate - give it a go!

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I've just moved to the Ft. Myers area, and already this is an absolute favorite. I've tried quite a few menu items and all were superb! Friendly and competent wait staff and chefs! Its a must do!

Reviewed March 6, 2013

It is on the outskirts of town. The $12 daily special with soup is the main appeal of the place. It is small in a strip mall and gets busy early around 5:00pm. It is a hurry up and eat place, so don't go thinking that you are going to have slow, leisurely dinner.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Since New England will not be my destination anytime soon this winter, my cravings were satisfied here. This is a good modest neighborhood spot on 41-south in a strip mall with blue awnings. Inside it is pure New England, from the menu to the decor to the servers' accents! Loved my seafood gumbo, a red based-soup, loaded with chunks of fish, scallop, clams and more. My mussels in a garlicky butter sauce were good and hot, but next time i won't opt for garlic at lunch. Clams star here. Guests at an adjacent table were picking their way thru a big platter/bowl/bucket of special clams. These were quite a delicacy, and being from the Midwest, I had to ask what they were and inquire about how they were pulled out, rinsed, dipped and eaten. Maybe next time! Lobster roll on menu too. Noisy and fun, a busy little place!

2  Thank TripInsider
Reviewed March 3, 2013

This was my first try at a lobster roll and I was very disappointed. Had absolutely no taste. My friend and I split one with potatoes on the side, a cup of soup each and water to drink = $30. Left feeling hosed.