“Not what I remember!”

Order Online
Ranked #108 of 1,030 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

It’s been a while since I’ve gone to a Cracker Barrel and the first for this location. I couldn’t wait to get their buttery pancakes. My husband ordered biscuits and gravy. Both of us had coffee. We asked for a second cup and I was given the bottom of the pot loaded with coffee grounds. Two of my 3 pancakes were burnt on the bottom, to the point of smelling it. When I stopped the hostess and showed her, she said she’ll get me some fresh pancakes. I waited a long time and when they were brought to the table, there were 2, not 3, on the plate. Shame on them! My husband’s gravy was extremely thick and his meal looked unpresentable. He laughed when he saw it. I asked the waiter for coffee and showed him all of the grounds in my cup. He came back and said there wasn’t any and more is being made. We waited quite a while and finally decided to leave.
When paying, we were asked about our meal. We responded with “not good”. She said “let me get the manager”. Well the manager was the hostess who brought us the coffee. She had to have seen the grounds I was served. She was also the one I showed the burnt pancakes to. We expressed our unhappiness and the manager was apologetic and said she’ll have to pay more attention to what is being served. It’s going to take a lot more than that!

Date of visit: June 2019
1  Thank CathyLuvsVacations

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I can honestly say that I have been to just about every Cracker Barrel Restaurant from Miami to Savannah and from Jacksonville to El Paso and by far the food and overall service and cleanliness of this Cracker Barrel leaves a lot to be desired. Tonight I ordered their Thursday special turkey with dressing and gravy and the sweet potato casserole that is only served on thursdays . They failed to put the dressing on our plates when we asked for it they brought us two bowls of the gravy then the manager came and said no problem and they brought two bowls of dry sandy grainy dressing. The turkey was cold. All in all for the price it was awful and over priced not up to the standards of most Cracker Barrel’s .

Date of visit: June 2019
1  Thank Candi D
Reviewed April 15, 2019 via mobile

This is hands down the best meal we've had in Florida! We aren't big breakfast people, but this is the best we've had since Grandma's when I was a kid. Wild blueberry pancakes are to die for and the Sunrise Sampler was amazing. It's a must stop!!

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed April 13, 2019

Service seemed very slow and was not particularly busy. Ordered broccoli as a side and it was just warmed, not even steamed, was so hard thought I was eating fresh broccoli. Had Chicken and Dumplings, not what I expected at all and won't order again. Thought from a restaurant like this they would be good. Service was mediocre, had to ask for drink refills.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed April 9, 2019

We have been regulars for at least 10 years and have noticed a slow erosion to the food and service.

Tonight was awful. The hostess didn’t say anything except ask us how many people. With the answer, she led us to the table. Our server arrived with a smile, took our drink orders and left. Shortly afterwards, she returned, took our orders and left. When she arrived with most of our food, she seemed to have lost interest in us. We asked for our missing sides and a plate for our 2 year old. She did return, dropped only 1 side and virtually ran away before we could say anything.

1 meal was as expected. The 2nd got an acceptable rating and the last 2 were awful.

As we were on the way to the airport, we didn’t have the luxury of leaving the food, paying our bill and going elsewhere. Instead, we ate most of our ill prepared mails, left the soup before leaving. Our waitress came to the table, took one plate and asked how many bills.

When she returned, I think she knew how we felt so she dropped the bill and left as fast as she could.

For the record, we rarely complain and never take it our with our server.

As we left, we stopped and told the hostess that our experience was unacceptable, that the meals were awful and her reply was to complete the on-line survey.

The cashier asked how our meals were and my wife casually replied “simply awful”. She had no reply and processed the transaction.

Not one person showed any interest.

Date of visit: April 2019