“Down home consistent Southern cooking”
Review of Cracker Barrel

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #92 of 857 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: American
Fort Myers, Florida, United States
“Down home consistent Southern cooking”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

I went there for lunch with a good friend this week and, as usual, I was not disappointed. They have such a big menu with so many choices that it is difficult to decide what to have. I opted this time for fried shrimp with three sides. I also got a biscuit and corn bread muffin with it, which I took home with me. Everything was excellent -- again, as usual. It is one of my regular places to go to lunch with a friend when I am out in the Daniels & I-75 area of South Fort Myers. For a chain, they do well. I probably should look at their stock as I'll bet they're a good investment for the portfolio!! I will have to do that homework later...

• Visited May 2014

Cape Coral, Florida
“Best Southern Breakfast in Town”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Love me some Cracker Barrel breakfast. Who doesn't? i stopped by for a late breakfast and had the Old Timer's Breakfast with bacon, hashbrown casserole, eggs over easy in a box to go, and the best part biscuits and gravy. The hashbrown casserole seemed as if it came right out of the oven with a crunchy top and creamy, gooey center. The bacon was overcooked but I didn't send it back. The eggs were ordered to go due to an allergy I have and they arrived perfectly packaged in a box and my dog loved them. But the highlight of my meal was the biscuits and gravy. The gravy was thick and creamy and peppery. The biscuits were warm and flaky. I only treat myself to a breakfast such as this a couple of times a year, but it never disappoints, no matter where you visit. Cracker Barrel gets and A+ for consistently wonderful food that looks good, tastes delicious, and fills you to the brim. Service is also top notch.

• Visited April 2014
Punta Gorda, Florida, USA
“Just what we expected”
Reviewed May 9, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

You can always depend on Cracker Barrel for a good hearty meal.. We where on our way home from the airport and stopped for dinner before arriving home. The food and service was as good as we expected from Cracker Barrel.

Visited May 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Quick and hot”
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Good down home cooking. You can have a nice dinner and add 2 sides for 7.69 with corn bread and buttermilk buns. They are smaller portions but plenty of food. Breakfast is very good too. And of course a trip through the gift shop is a bonus.

Bohemia, New York, Usa
“Terrific Staff”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Great dining experience at this location! Cannot possibly say enough about Darby and the other restaurant staff that assisted me today! I am on vacay, but was suddenly contacted to work remotely while I was moving from one hotel to another (loyalty pts, you gotta do what ya gotta do). Was assisted promptly, even though hostess was assisting other patrons. Asked for a seating area with an outlet and was immediately accommodated at a large table which enabled me (solo diner) to work. No lie, was there for over 3hrs, and the customer service never ended, nor was it overloaded or pushy to get me to leave. Wonderful staff, Darby was super attentive, honest and helpful (I am a picky eater with many 'what am I ordering' questions and special requests). Let's not forget that I hogged this table for quite some time! All restaurant staff encountered were knowledgeable and upbeat, which really sets the stage for a nice dining experience. In the interest of being transparent - my only non-flattering comment is that the table had crumbs on it and the pepper shaker had some sticky goo on it (syrup?) that I had to use a wipe to clean off my hands before eating (so, ok fine, maybe staff could check the tables or who knew you had to check condiments for sticky gooey patrons?!) The food was good, I am not a Cracker Barrel expert. So everyone go to the Cracker Barrel on Daniels Pkwy and decide about the food for yourself. All I can say is that my Wednesday breakfast through lunch experience was exceptionally wonderful! And I hope the same for you!

• Visited April 2014