“Terrific Staff”

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #96 of 864 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Great dining experience at this location! Cannot possibly say enough about Darby and the other restaurant staff that assisted me today! I am on vacay, but was suddenly contacted to work remotely while I was moving from one hotel to another (loyalty pts, you gotta do what ya gotta do). Was assisted promptly, even though hostess was assisting other patrons. Asked for a seating area with an outlet and was immediately accommodated at a large table which enabled me (solo diner) to work. No lie, was there for over 3hrs, and the customer service never ended, nor was it overloaded or pushy to get me to leave. Wonderful staff, Darby was super attentive, honest and helpful (I am a picky eater with many 'what am I ordering' questions and special requests). Let's not forget that I hogged this table for quite some time! All restaurant staff encountered were knowledgeable and upbeat, which really sets the stage for a nice dining experience. In the interest of being transparent - my only non-flattering comment is that the table had crumbs on it and the pepper shaker had some sticky goo on it (syrup?) that I had to use a wipe to clean off my hands before eating (so, ok fine, maybe staff could check the tables or who knew you had to check condiments for sticky gooey patrons?!) The food was good, I am not a Cracker Barrel expert. So everyone go to the Cracker Barrel on Daniels Pkwy and decide about the food for yourself. All I can say is that my Wednesday breakfast through lunch experience was exceptionally wonderful! And I hope the same for you!

There are newer reviews for Cracker Barrel

Reviewed April 1, 2014

My family looks forward to going to this Cracker Barrel any time we are in the general area. The employees are friendly and helpful, and the menu has anything anyone could want. I love to order breakfast for lunch (or dinner) but their salads are wonderful also. I also love browsing through the interesting items in the store. Great family meal!

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Loved the rocking chairs out front!
Meander through the front store to the restaurant and quickly seated...great menu choices and all day breakfast on offer. We were here for a light bite so decided to skip some of the heavier options...chicken sandwich I ordered was still a good portion though with steak fries, salad and slaw. Wife went for the pecan pancakes which were very good as I helped her to finish them off!
Service was really good even thought the place was busy and the free flow coffee kept coming...good value at $20 and the shop on the way out again provided a distraction with some nice gift ideas on offer...

Reviewed March 28, 2014

I ate at Cracker Barrel restaurants for breakfast two days in a row. Probably won't go back again.
Both times their "SawMill Gravy" did not taste good. I did not eat it. The second day I looked for eggs without the grave and did not see it on the menu. I hoped the first time I did not like the gravy it was the restaurants fault, not so. Both times I did not taste good and I did not eat it.
I complained both days as I paid the bill and was told they were sorry I did not enjoy my breakfast and they would tell the manager. One person asked why I did not send it back and get more? I said why get more if I did not like it.
I used to love Cracker Barrel's Saw Mill Gravy, not any more. Neither restaurant offered to take the price of the gravy off the bill. I will not go back again.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

home style cooking at a great price.....you can't beat the cracker barrel. Food was well prepared and even the steaks are cooked properly....eg medium rare ordered actually comes to the table medium rare. You can't beat the price or service and highly recommend it as a place to take the kids. No alcohol served!!!!