“Healthy and delicious choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sweet Tomatoes

Sweet Tomatoes
Ranked #50 of 848 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: American, Soups
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Sweet Tomatoes features made-from-scratch soups and salads and handcrafted muffins, Focaccia, breads, and desserts. The menu is built around freshly made, great-tasting, wholesome recipes with a 55-foot salad bar full of fresh, seasonal vegetables and tossed salads prepared exhibition-style every 20 minutes. Sweet Tomatoes provides its guests with an excellent value by offering unlimited access to its entire menu of high quality fresh items at a fixed price.
Cebu City, Philippines
“Healthy and delicious choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

I enjoy eating at Sweet Tomatoes any time I am in the Southern Florida area. The first time I went I was skeptical of eating at a place known for soup and salad. But the ingredients on the salad bar are of the highest quality and has the most variety of any I have seen. The soup selection is also great and I fill up just wanting to try each one.

• Visited January 2011

Fort Myers Beach, Florida
“The Best Clam Chowder I have ever eaten!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2011

I absolutely cannot wait until I can visit this restaurant again. I am moving to Fort Myers in a few days and every time I visited my folks we made sure to eat at Sweet Tomatoes. The salad bar choices are incredible, the Clam Chowder is the BEST I have ever had, along with the other soup choices. I love the fresh, homemade breads and desserts, and of course, the pastas are always yummy, too. See ya soon!

• Visited April 2011
Toronto
“A nice change. Clean with a healthy buffet for a great price. Kid friendly.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2011

acmilanfan really did a great job on his/her review and matched our experience. The only additional insight might be that we came with children.

The decor was stylish and contemporary with lots of room to walk around. The drink station is large and has a wide selection. Drinks are not included with the meal price $12?. Children are about half price. The staff was friendly and helpful, but they are geared toward a buffet atmosphere of clearing your plates away efficiently. Clean washrooms.

The children enjoyed the buffet and since we are fairly healthy eaters (they are too), they enjoyed the variety of both the soup and salad bar. The ice cream machine and bar was also popular with the kids! There were no activity mats, but you walk right in and start eating immediately so you don't need them in the beginning.

For those wondering there was also a hot pasta section with mac n cheese, alfredo and marinara. All were good. However, as mentioned the main stars were the soups and also salad.

If you aren't into healthy eathing or want a hearty carnivorous meal, then this really isn't the place for you. It is nice to see a change with something like this though.

• Visited March 2011
1 Thank ebaysockeye
nys
“Love the salad bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2011

Huge salad bar with healthy choices and a variety of soups. This a budget buffet place with fat free frozen yogurt available for dessert, fruit cobbler and fruit. Our kids enjoy the focaccia bread. They always have at least two kinds. There are also baked good available for dessert. My favorite is the salad bar which has already dressed salads. This visit they had wonton salad with no chicken, caesar salad and a peppery parmesan arugala/greens salad in addition to items to make your own salad. Really delicious salad, and a nice change if you are tired of heavy dinners. You will see families, couples, seniors, etc. dining here.

• Visited February 2011
1 Thank cedarvalley
Maryland
“Won't go back”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2011

Read great reviews here, and trying to eat healthy, so we tried it. As soon as you walk in, you are confronted with a huge length of salad bar. For 8.50 you get unlimited salad, soup, bakery goods and sundae bar. Drinks are extra. It was crowded at 2 p.m. The employees were all very nice and helpful.
The concept – didn’t care for it. We wished we had gone to Panera instead. It just felt very “Golden Corral”, herds of people with mass quantities on their plates. Buffets just seem very old fashioned. I tried two of the healthier soups, one was pretty good, the other kind of tasteless. The baked goods were mostly muffins, I didn’t try any. I didn’t try the dessert either, just didn’t appeal to me. The majority of the people there were old, cared more about quantity than quality, or were young kids running around. The man at the table next to us had a bottle of Robitussen on the table while he ate! Frankly, we couldn’t get out of there fast enough.

• Visited January 2011