“great expectations realized”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Brooklyn, New York
“great expectations realized”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We had read the reviews of this establishment & decided to give it a try. It was a Sunday evening & not too busy. There was live entertainment consisting of a musical duet. The hostess promptly greeted us & offered a choice of seating options. After we were seated ,our server appeared to take our drink order & discuss menu options. For appetizers we had ahi tuna & escargot. The tuna was firm & tasty accompanied by a zesty slaw. The escacargot was in a nice puff pastry in a tasty brown sauce. My main course was a shrimp & scallop combo which was cooked in panko bread crumbs. The seafood was plump & juicy & the breadcrumbs added a nice touch. My wife ordered the duck which was somewhat tough & the skin lacked crispness. The accompanying sauce was good & overall her meal was good. Bananas foster for dessert was presented somewhat differently The ice cream was in an edible bowl & the sauce was very good. No whipped cream though. This was an overall very good dining expeience & we'll go back again

2 Thank john c

brewster, Ma
“delicious food and good service”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

1st night in town and decided to try the Lighthouse. What a pleasant surprise. We arrived around 6 and were able to get a window seat and view the harbor. Our waitress, Shelley, was very pleasant and knowledgeable. I had the shrimp and scallops and my companion had the pork chop. The meals were delicious and the service great. By the time we left, the restaurant was filled and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. I would give this restaurant five stars.

2 Thank Oceanedge
“Wonderful service”
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

What a great evening, we dined here with family and Lydia was our server. She was fantastic! It was clear that the place was very busy as it was Saturday evening at 7pm, that didn't change the quality of service. Anytime we asked for anything from Lydia is was delivered promptly, carefully and with a smile. Her knowledge of the menu was outstanding. Food was very well done and presented beautifully. Great job by everyone! If you decide to dine here. (Which you should) ask for Lydia!

2 Thank 2travellersmeandyou
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Nice!”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Stopped in for a late lunch on a Sunday afternoon. No crowd, we chose to sit outside. Both had Grouper, my wife's was ordered crispy and mine was a Reuben Grouper. My wife said she probably wouldn't order her's crispy again, too well done. My Reuben was very good. We did have to ask one of the other waiters to send our waiter out for a refill on drinks but other than that the service was fine.
The Lighthouse is very nice and clean both inside and out. Large full bar and dining room inside and large covered / screened in dining area outside.
We'll go back.

1 Thank Rick B
Sugar Grove, Illinois
“Great View average faire”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We have driven by this great looking restaurant for the past four years we have visited Sanibel Island and always have commented that it looked like a wonderful place to have dinner. We decided to go there when we were meeting a friend for dinner. I must say that the restaurant layout is beautiful and the view of the bay at sunset is as good as it gets. Our waiter was very good and we were given just the right amount of attention.
The food, however, did not live up to the ambiance of the restaurant. My wife had the prime rib which was a thinner cut of meat than we thought it should be. I had shrimp and scallops. They were good but nothing special. Our friend had a fish plate that was OK.
Our Friend picked up the bar bill so I'm not sure what that was, but I am sure with food, bar and tip the total was approximately $180.00 for the three of us.
I would certainly go back for the scenery, but the food lacks a little.