“Classy place”

Lighthouse Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #39 of 848 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Alva, Florida
“Classy place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Try the Escargot! Too die for! The curteous and efficient staff make this a wonderful dining experience!

1 Thank Debi C

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Quaint Hideaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

We loved this place. Great menu & great value for your money.Wonderful wine list & the atmosphere was nautical cozy.It is off the beaten path but if you are heading towards Sanibel it is worth the stop.We made it an evening & took the sunset cruise that evening. It was a lovely night.

1 Thank Lisa H
Fort Myers, Florida
“Great Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

The food is awesome. I had the filet and shrimp. My husband the ribeye! Its a little high priced but worth it !!!!!
The music didn't start until we were done was the only think I disliked.

1 Thank hellams26
RHODE ISLAND
“great restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

The food and atmosphere is great. a little pricey , but well worth it ,if your on vacation. Service was great !!

1 Thank BLUEEYES194360
West Michigan
“Mediocre dinner with abysmal service....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

This was a very ordinary restaurant, with little attention to detail. Let me explain. Our server was, to say the least, abysmal. It took too long for her to greet us after we were seated, and everything required prompting, including water, drinks, and an appetizer. I will say that the appetizer, prime rib "chunks" (forget the name on the menu) was pretty good. The entree, however, was not. Tonight's special, described by the waitress in one run-on sentence delivered with the speed of NASCAR, was apparently grouper "with a delicious white wine sauce". Well, it was grouper all right, apparently grilled, with a bit of cheese melted on the top. No sauce of any kind. Of course, by the time it came, I no longer remembered Speedy's description,(and assumed that I had the misfortune of picking a terrible entree) so I began my meal and ate the VERY dry, and quite tasteless pseudo-grouper. When Speedy was describing the special to the next table, I looked at my entree, and noted that it wasn't at all what she was describing. Of course, she wouldn't respond to my summons. That was the last we heard of her. Someone ELSE tossed the bill on the table. We got no offer for dessert, after dinner drink, nothing. And, unlike every other restaurant we visited this trip, no manager seemed to be on the premises to check on anything.

I do see that many folks seem to like this place. That's why we went: good reviews. We were sorely disappointed with a mediocre and EXPENSIVE dinner. This was by far the most expensive meal in our week vacation, and the worst service--and food. It was also our only negative experience this trip. We vacation here several times per year, and this place is off our list, unless it changes management. Which is too bad, since the location is ideal, with a great water view from a semi-clean porch.

• Visited September 2012