“Wonderful !”

Stonewood Grill & Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Stonewood Grill & Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #73 of 848 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: Seafood, American, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Looking for the best seafood and steaks in Florida? Experience polished casual dining at your local Stonewood Grill & Tavern restaurant, part of the Stonewood Holdings family of restaurants.
Brantford, Canada
“Wonderful !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

My husband and I were going to the movies and were looking for a new dining experience close to the theater - this is the place. I inquired on tripadvisor, found this place, made the reservations on line at "open table" for 7:15 p.m.

We arrived 15 minutes early but were greeted by friendly hostess' and shown immediately to our table, Marg, our server could not have been more accommodating, our drinks arrived promptly, our appetizers, the house smoked salmon (with salad and garlic toast) was a meal in itself, the calamari was absolutely the best ever, Tuscan Chicken with rice pilaf and stir fried vegetables was fantastic and the filet Mignon with blue cheese crust cooked medium rare plus was perfect.

We will return just for the dining experience, or, maybe we will catch another movie.

• Visited December 2013

Los Angeles, California
“Above the pervasive level of mediocrity of restaurants in Fort Myers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

It never ceases to interest us how generally mediocre the great mass of Florida's restaurants tend to be. In a state with plenty of money, residents and visitors from all over the country and the world, a sophisticated consumer cohort, the restaurants are simply pitiful. Chains predominate, the average restaurant might as well be in a mall, where many of them are located. Fort Myers is not exempt from this problem. Fortunately it has a few restaurants that are a cut above, including Stonewood. Yes, it's part of a chain, but this location is well-run, the food is well-cooked and presented and the service is better than average. While most of Florida remains sub-par or ordinary at best, Stonewood is worth a visit.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank FlyingHome
Fort Myers, Florida
“What Fine Dining Should be--Close to Home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

Stonewood was a good experience for me and my wife and as we looked for fine dining close to home--and Stonewood did very well!! The interior was a large space---but had the feel of being intimate dining. It is very dark--but lighting is strategically placed so you can read your menu. There are beautiful decorative hanging lights that make the dark interior both comfortable and artistically pleasing. I would assume that all Stonewoods are similar--since this is a Florida chain. Elements---indeed--of stone and large wood beams complete a very pleasant atmosphere. Our booth was comfortable--plenty of room. This is important to me---because too many places have cramped booths--just because the design is wrong! The waitress was attentive--service was good as we ordered drinks and appetizers. My Patron Margarita was done correctly--strong enuf (skimping on alcohol is an absolute no-no for any place)--> and without fruit juice--so it tasted like an actual margarita! It was also not too "tangy" (another common mistake). Delivering a good drink is like <level one> and Stonewood managed this--as well as one additional drink which was as good (places will often skimp on the second drink)! We had calimari for appetizer--and it was not the usual <rings> of calamari--but instead larger pieces. These were not quite as tender--but were very tasty. My wife had trout for her entree---and liked it--which is a miracle if you know how picky she is! I ordered prime rib med rare to rare--> and what I got was right on target---delicious!! I had ordered caesar salad which good--nicely tasty! Baked potato (not huge---which I appreciated)---and a chocolate bread pudding for dessert which was really good! The dessert was very generous with a chocolate large cookie/wafer intersecting the top of the bread pudding--> yummm! There were lots of cars in the parking lot which is always a good sign. Not so many many people inside (which was fine with me)--but my wife who walked around to explore---said that there was a large party in a separate banquet room. Overall a very satisfying experience!! Fort Myers is getting better and better--> and I will defend the restaurant chains any day---because they reflect excellent planning!!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank ArchitectZ
Pennsylvania
“Gem All Around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

It was an impromptu trip to Fort Myers for my husband and I while vacationing on Sanibel Island. I used an app to locate some local restaurants and the Stonewood popped up at the top of the list. Right where it belongs.

The decor and ambience is perfect date night material. There was soothing music, beautiful tables and wall coverings/prints, and professional looking wait staff.

We arrived around 5:30pm on a Tuesday afternoon and was seated immediately. We ordered an appetizer and dinner.

Our experience was perfect. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Fort Myers, Florida
“The Best Restaurant in Fort Myers Florida”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

Excellent Steaks and different toping and sauces if you like.Great pretzel bread brought to your table.Very excellent service.If anything isn't quite right the server makes it right.My daughter was a server there for a couple years and she said it was the cleanest run restaurant she has ever worked in.She has worked for a popular local steak house that was very dirty.That is one of the reasons I love eating there. The prices are on the higher side compared to other large corporate run restaurants but the food justifies that and it keeps the people out that don't appreciate fine dining.Nice quite sophisticated atmosphere.Beautifully decorated and very clean.Try the chicken pot pie it is the best ever.The most tender chicken and the carrots look like they are from the shire they are huge.The clam chowder is the best I have ever had.The smoked salmon appetizer is mouth watering served with garlic aioli sauce and crostini.The best caeser salad in Fort Myers,,,Chocolate bread pudding,Orange cake.Yum Everything is Exceptional.We eat here often.

• Visited October 2013