“Wonderful birthday celebration at University Grill”
Review of University Grill

University Grill
Ranked #3 of 872 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The university grill is a upscale local bar and grill. From great burgers and beer,to high choice aged meats and fresh seafood. Our customers are very loyal as are our winter locals. When someone has been here for the first time there comment is why did it take me so long to find this place.
Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband and I are regulars at University Grill and love the food and service. We dropped Chef Eddy a note asking if he could bake a cake for a 97 year old gentleman from our church whom we were bringing for dinner to celebrate his birthday. I guess he doesn't bake but somehow Courtney, the bartender on Sunday and Monday, offered to bake it on her own time and to make it sugar-free for our diabetic guest of honor. She brought in two delicious samples and we chose the blueberry crumb. It was excellent - you could not tell it was for a diabetic. We had such a wonderful time! Dave was our waiter, and while the place was absolutely packed, he was very attentive to us - even serving the cake. Sarah and Tina made wonderful drinks for us. Joann, the hostess and Heather, the floor manager, all stopped by to wish "Ray" a happy 97th. Ray and his son were thrilled with the celebration. What a wonderful group of people at UG!

1  Thank Donald A

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We decided to try this place based on comments we had heard from friends. We were not disappointed! We went early on a Saturday night to avoid the rush - arrived around 5:30 and were immediately seated. The dining room is very large and decorated nicely. It was a very calming atmosphere. Our server was Michael, who was wonderful - attentive, funny, engaging. He easily bantered with us, as my husband loves to kid. Everything went very smoothly and we never had to flag him down - Michael was on top of everything. We decided to order off the special anniversary menu - we had prime rib, chicken parm, coconut shrimp and a pasta dish. All the meals were excellent, served nicely and were hot. By the time we had finished our dinner, the dining room had completely filled up. I would definitely recommend trying this restaurant.

1  Thank Suzy_Florida08
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Had a great meal tonight at the University Grill. We ordered off the anniversary menu with prices at $14.95 which included soup or salad, and the entree.
My husband had prime rib at $16.00 and he said it was "melt in your mouth delicious." I had a wasabe and panko crusted salmon which wasn't too spicy.
Our server Alyssa was engaging, fun and knowledgeable about the menu and the area. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

My husband and I are healthy eaters and generally when dining out, we're able to find something on the menu. Many items here are farm raised and I don't care for any of the salad selections. We've eaten here twice, not by our choice. The last time I made the mistake of ordering the crab bisque and it was horrible...tasted like I was eating a spoonful of salt. The ambiance is nice, but I'm in my mid 40s and it tends to be an older crowd.

dagrill, General Manager at University Grill, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

We take pride in our food, beverage, and service. We would like the opportunity to speak with you. Please contact Chef Eddie at 239-437-4377. Thank you.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I've been a long-time diner at the University Grill. The menu is full of popular dishes - all well prepared and at very affordable prices. The service is deserving of special attention. Brenda, Michael, and David provide the kind of personal and attentive service that one would expect in a well managed establishment. I look forward to my next visit!