“Very Good Mexican Food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We were very pleased with our food here. We highly recommend going there for their early bird specials.

Their chips & salsa is top-notch. The Carnitas, Fajitas, Chimichanga, and Steak dishes were all enjoyed by those at our table.

The place appeared clean, and has nice decor.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

My wife and I love this place. In fact, we are going here again for my birthday in a couple of weeks. Who can beat the birthday special of free entree, free fried ice cream, and stylistic picture in a big sombrero? It was the end of the world day when we went here so the management decided, well if it the last day, might as well go out with a buzz, right? So everyone was offered three free margaritas if you ordered a meal. Not bad! For the price, in my opinion, the taste experience couldn't be beat unless taking a trip to Mexico. Honestly, the queso dip, enchiladas, and the mahi mahi fish were all excellently prepared and will get your mouth watering just by smelling them.

1  Thank Jeffrey C
Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Iguana Mia was at one time one of my favorite local Mexican restaurants. The staff was great and the food was even better. But recently, the food quality has been poor and at this point, I would choose Taco Bell before going back.

I have dined at this location 3 times in the last 14 days (I have the receipts). My last trip last night cost $80.00. The food quality was worse than anything I have had in a long time. The black beans were cold, the chicken dry and the salsa which I love was liquid with a few peices of tomato in the juice.

I remember not so long ago when a dish would not leave the kitchen that was not perfect, now it appears they just slop it on the plate and ignore quality.

This could be a great place... I hope they get it together.

1  Thank Ryan G
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We have been patrons of this place from the first year it opened. Before moving to SWFL, we used to vacation on Sanibel Island. Got tired of the food on the island and really wanted some good mexican and that's how we found Iguana Mia in Cape Coral. We been going to either one since then. I've never had anything I didn't like, but my favorite is shredded pork enchiladas with yucatan sauce - DELISH! The restaurant has very nice ambience (Cape Coral & Fort Myers); the staff is very friendly and eager to please; the cost is very reasonable for the amount of food you get. Try their dip in the heart of Texas with their hot chips! As I said the food is good, but the margarita's are OUTSTANDING! Try it, you'll like it! By the way, if it's your birthday, you get a free meal! What more could you ask for? Well maybe a margarita on the house!

Reviewed November 17, 2012

If you are looking for a quick and tasty lunch or a satisfying dinner you have come to the right place. Service can be spotty at times but overall the restaurant delivers a quality meal and time. Kids meals are expensive here but it is a good family spot.