“Best seafood in Fort Myers, hands down” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Prawnbroker Restaurant and Fish Market

Prawnbroker Restaurant and Fish Market
Ranked #10 of 843 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Walking through the front doors, guests are greeted by the in-house seafood market, where the Prawnbroker showcases their specially chosen fresh fillets of fish and beef, hand-cut on premise, that are sure to tempt the palates of all. To emphasize their commitment to buying local and bringing you the freshest seafood Ft. Myers has to offer, you'll find our hand picked selection straight from the local waters of the Gulf of Mexico. Here you'll get a peek at the sumptuous fare that you'll soon be enjoying from their comfortable yet elegant dining room. Feast your eyes on mouth-watering Snapper, Gulf Shrimp, Softshell Crabs, Mahi Mahi, and the best Grouper Florida has to offer. Small tubs of pale pink creamy shrimp bisque stand in line next to bases for both kinds of chowder - New England style being what the restaurant is most famous for, a nod to the original owners' home region. Diners consistently return to enjoy these favorites plus the greatest Florida Stone crabs (in season) and Maine Lobsters.
“Best seafood in Fort Myers, hands down”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Awesome food, try the sea bass, tuna, shrimp, platters all wonderful. Good ceasar salad too. Our favorite place.

• Visited May 2013

Fort Myers, Florida
“A landmark in Ft. Myers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

Great service, great fish market, great seafood, best bread and butter at the table !!!...Every time we have guest from up North we take them there and everybody will remember that dinne...r simply...the best!

Visited March 2013
Fort Myers, Florida, United States
“LOVELY, CROWDED, AND MOST OF ALL NOISY”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

This a must have reservations place. Tables are very close together and carrying on a conversation with the person across the table is almost impossible, unless you shout like the other patrons are doing. The food is excellent and the serve was quick. But you are not able to linger over your meals, as plates are being swept off the table as if they want you to leave. Next time I go, I might order an appetizer and drink in the holding room, then leave.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sissy N
Cape Coral, Florida
“Great food with great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

On Saturday 4/20/2013, my wife, 2 friends & I arrived at Prawnbroker about 6:25pm for a 6:30pm reservation. We were immediately seated. Our server showed up within 2 minutes with fresh bread & took our drink & appetizer orders. The appetizers were very good. Our main course arrived within 15 minutes. We had 2 orders of Coconut Shrimp, 1 order of Almond Shrimp, & 1 order of Coconut Shrimp with the 6oz sirloin.

The shrimp orders were fantastic. Cooked just as we expected. Crunchy & very well flavored. The salads & veggies that came with our shrimp were geat also, as were our deserts.

The sirloin (cooked medium) was tough to cut & very hard to eat. I left half of it on the plate. And when our server asked if I wanted to take it home I declined.

I have been to the Prawnbroker many times & I will return there as I know the food is good & the service is good.
But I will NOT be getting the 6oz sirloin.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank 2009Lancer-ES
Westerville, Ohio
“Best fresh seafood and sides at a reasonable price.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

A great dinner by any standard
Drinks were top notch.
My wife had the pasta Provençal (excellent)
My grilled fresh grouper and baked potato were also excellent.
The fresh Gulf shrimp cocktail was excellent.
Great desserts
Vanilla ice cream w caramel sauce
Key lime pie was the best I have had in Florida.
A must go to place.