“LOVELY, CROWDED, AND MOST OF ALL NOISY”

Prawnbroker Restaurant and Fish Market
Ranked #13 of 882 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Walking through the front doors, guests are greeted by the in-house seafood market, where the Prawnbroker showcases their specially chosen fresh fillets of fish and beef, hand-cut on premise, that are sure to tempt the palates of all. To emphasize their commitment to buying local and bringing you the freshest seafood Ft. Myers has to offer, you'll find our hand picked selection straight from the local waters of the Gulf of Mexico. Here you'll get a peek at the sumptuous fare that you'll soon be enjoying from their comfortable yet elegant dining room. Feast your eyes on mouth-watering Snapper, Gulf Shrimp, Softshell Crabs, Mahi Mahi, and the best Grouper Florida has to offer. Small tubs of pale pink creamy shrimp bisque stand in line next to bases for both kinds of chowder - New England style being what the restaurant is most famous for, a nod to the original owners' home region. Diners consistently return to enjoy these favorites plus the greatest Florida Stone crabs (in season) and Maine Lobsters.
Reviewed May 10, 2013

This a must have reservations place. Tables are very close together and carrying on a conversation with the person across the table is almost impossible, unless you shout like the other patrons are doing. The food is excellent and the serve was quick. But you are not able to linger over your meals, as plates are being swept off the table as if they want you to leave. Next time I go, I might order an appetizer and drink in the holding room, then leave.

1  Thank Sissy N

Reviewed April 22, 2013

On Saturday 4/20/2013, my wife, 2 friends & I arrived at Prawnbroker about 6:25pm for a 6:30pm reservation. We were immediately seated. Our server showed up within 2 minutes with fresh bread & took our drink & appetizer orders. The appetizers were very good. Our main course arrived within 15 minutes. We had 2 orders of Coconut Shrimp, 1 order of Almond Shrimp, & 1 order of Coconut Shrimp with the 6oz sirloin.

The shrimp orders were fantastic. Cooked just as we expected. Crunchy & very well flavored. The salads & veggies that came with our shrimp were geat also, as were our deserts.

The sirloin (cooked medium) was tough to cut & very hard to eat. I left half of it on the plate. And when our server asked if I wanted to take it home I declined.

I have been to the Prawnbroker many times & I will return there as I know the food is good & the service is good.
But I will NOT be getting the 6oz sirloin.

1  Thank 2009Lancer-ES
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

A great dinner by any standard
Drinks were top notch.
My wife had the pasta Provençal (excellent)
My grilled fresh grouper and baked potato were also excellent.
The fresh Gulf shrimp cocktail was excellent.
Great desserts
Vanilla ice cream w caramel sauce
Key lime pie was the best I have had in Florida.
A must go to place.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We spend the winter months in Ft Myers and have our favorite restaurants in the South Ft Myers area, but today we wanted to try a new place and looked on TA so we thought we would try the Prawnbroker. As observed in other reviews, the view from the street is ordinary but once in the restaurant, everything was warm and inviting. The wait staff (Susan etc) were friendly knowledgeable. Our meals were great (shrimp brochettes and stuffed shrimp) and deserts devine and prices very reasonable. I will come here again.

2  Thank tkeerl
Reviewed April 14, 2013

My friend and I really like this please. The food is great and the service is on top of their game. Priced well and worth the price, we like to eat a couple of time a month. Worth the trip and then to find parking, makes for great evening out.