“Food not nearly what it was in August.”
Review of Red Lobster

Red Lobster
Ranked #247 of 861 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Tallahassee, Florida
“Food not nearly what it was in August.”
Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

Lunch was okay. Biscuits still great but shrimp was disappointing. Better seafood else where. Waitress was efficient. Atmosphere what you expect from red lobster.

Tampa, Florida
“The "Lobster" is a sweetie!”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I decided it was shrimp night. I picked the 45 piece shrimp orchestra. First a nice Cabernet, then a great salad and biscuits. What can I say… Their biscuits are always to die for and I over indulged. Then came the main course. Mango grilled shrimp, Coconut fried shrimp and Scampi… They were tender, succulent and just plain fab with broccoli and rice pilaf. A glass of lemon water came without asking and I was in heaven… An hour later, news enjoyed on my I-phone, I settled the love letter and smiled all the way to my hotel…

Visited January 2013
Fort Myers, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Smelly”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Just left Red Lobster on 41. My husband and I were seated promptly in a nice booth by the window in the back room, after declining the question as to whether we would like to eat in the bar. There was quite a nesty odor as we walked through the front area that became intense in the large middle diningroom, and lessened in the back room. We quit going to a well-known family restaurant chain known mostly for breakfasts because their carpet became so old and smelly that it spoiled our appetites. We checked back every few months, but no change. We even told them why we weren't' coming any more, but no change. We will not return to Red Lobster knowing it smells so bad.
In addition, the salads were not very good. They used to be one of the special things I looked forward to. Not any more. Instead of tomato and cucumber slices, they were chopped into tiny bits. The tomato was off tasting, and with tiny bits all through, I couldn't easily remove it. The salad used to be crispy cold and fresh. No more. It was not very good, so I didn't finish it, wihich is unusual for me.
The baked potatoes have gotten very small. When you order one of the larger meals you don't expect a tiny potato. In addition, the skin was loaded with coarse salt. Many people can't have so much salt, and I believe should be given a choice to omit it. The clams were underdone or something...soft, soggy, and no crispiness. They redid them. The clam chowder was very plain and boring, with salt the only discernible seasoning. The butter was whipped, and may have been margarine, because it seemed bland.

Service was okay, but the bus boy walked by while we were eating, singing, with an earphone looped over his ear, then proceeded to gossip with a waitress while they cleared a table behind us. All in all we did not much enjoy the meal, and it was not the special Red Lobster experience we enjoyed for so many years. You would no longer pick that place for a quiet, romantic dinner.

Cape Coral, Florida
“Great!”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Our wait was a little long because we made no reservations. Not more than 30 min. Our server was prompt, neat. Our food arrived in a reasonable amount of time, We ate, had amazing desert and left.

Visited October 2012
Fort Myers, Florida
“Food quality... What food quality????”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

There is truly no positive review I can give to this location. I dined here with my wife in October and both the food and service was terrible. I complained which is not my norm and they restaurant have me $20 in gift certificates and an apology. I figured I would try them again and the service and food was worse than before. How can management allow this? How can the cooks send out such terrible food? No one would answer me.
In the interest of full disclosure, I am a Darden stock holder but this restaurant makes me want to cash in. They have lost my business and I see no way they will gain it back.

• Visited November 2012