“Good Indian Food”

Ranked #268 of 868 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Aromatic curries, vibrant vegetarian dishes and wondrous meats and seafood-- await you at India Palace Fort Myers. Family-owned and operated, the restaurant is the perfect place to experience fresh, classic Southern Indian cuisine. Careful spicing and flashes of creativity means the menu is peppered with classic dishes to please conservative diners, as well as more inspired interpretations of well-known recipes. India Palace restaurant has seating for private parties, along with a full liquor bar, to serve your group a banquet fit for a Maharaja.
Reviewed November 29, 2013

We had dinner at India Palace last night after hearing the restaurant was under new ownership. We had not been there for over two years as our last experience was not a positive one.
This time was different. The owners wife waited on us and greeted us warmly. The food was excellent. We had pappadams, somosas' and lamb sag with with rice along with naan bread. The lamb main dish was outstanding and there was more than enough for two people in the one serving and some left over to take home.
The service was great and we will definitely go back.

2  Thank desilvas

Reviewed November 28, 2013

I went yesterday to eat there. they have now lunch buffet in fare price that's what I like so much & then I went same day for dinner omg the food was excellent & service is great & fast I can't even think one thing wrong about food & restaurant. Best food & best service in India palace. My suggestion is to go give it a try.......

1  Thank Olivia R
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I typically eat at this restaurant every week or so. Recently I became busy with work related things and was away for a few weeks. This restaurant used to offer a very limited curry-centric lunch menu that while short on a variety of offerings, was very savory, flavorful and well prepared. When I went in today, expecting my usual of extra-hot lamb curry, I found new employees, management and a lunch buffet. While I love Indian and South Asian cuisine and am actually a real afficionado of a good buffet, THIS WAS THE WORST. I have eaten indian buffets in probably five different states and this was very poor and definitely not worth anywhere near the $ 9.95 price. The food was lukewarm, exceedingly bland and tasteless and the choices were very unimaginative and poorly executed.

As much as I love Indian and am addicted to its consumption on a periodic basis, I have to say that I may give this business one more chance, out of past consideration and personal need, but as it stands I will not be frequenting this place any more should these problems remain.

2  Thank J M
Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

I went to india palace yesterday and let me tell you This restaurant is one of the best restaurant I ever been to. The service is just great. they always have a smile on there face. I can't think of one wrong think about the restaurant!!! If you really want to eat indian food or want to try it then go for it. I bet u one thing the food will taste amazing!!!!! everything about the restaurant is just amazing it feels like heaven inside :-D

2  Thank Stefanie102
Reviewed November 17, 2013

There are many excellent restaurants in Fort Meyers. . We come here from Vancouver BC Canada fairly often for the the sun. Recently we decided we had to have some Indian food. We frequently eat Indian back home as there is a huge Indian population and many wonderful restaurants. We were very surprised to find only one listing here for Indian food. We didn't know what to expect with zero choice. Bottom line, our experience was terrific. The food was comparable to top notch Vancouver restaurants. The service was fast and very friendly. The food arrived quickly and hot right out of the pan. I get the feeling that few fort Meyers residents have enjoyed this food. Shame!!! Get in here and experience something new. Don't worry about what you don't know as the staff will lead you through your first tasty Indian meal. We will be back Kim Ellis