“Nice place, staff a bit over the top”

Kenwood Lane Grille
Ranked #78 of 872 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Lunch & Dinner, last seating at 8:00, Casual decor, Some outside seating, Beer & Wine
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Walking in you are enthusiastically greeted. Two waitresses for the whole place did a good job regarding service but they were loud and used their jabbering about the menu and the chef to a unnerving degree which made all in our party of four uncomfortable. The food was good but not what I expected from the number one ranked resturant in Fort Myers. Additionally, they served the wrong order to one of our party and offered no apology. My friend graciously ate the "mistake" rather than have the order fixed.

jsbutterfield, Owner at Kenwood Lane Grille, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Kenwood Lane Grille apologizes that our waitresses’ playful enthusiasm made your party “unnerved”. It is the policy of the restaurant to have any problem rectified immediately and your companion’s “mistake” would have been taken directly back to kitchen had he not graciously accepted it. There was never any question that the correct dinner would have been brought. Kenwood Lane Grille finds it unfortunate that our staff forgot to apologize for the mix up and that such a mis-communication spoiled your evening. Our casual style restaurant may not be everyone’s opinion of what a “number one ranked restaurant” should be, which is why we suggest that individuals use the link to our website to become more familiar with our offerings.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

We were first time patrons to this cozy restaurant. We were pleased with the quality of the food, the excellent service by the chef's wife, and the great value of our dinner! My wife ordered from the Octoberfest menu and I had the Chicken Florentine. Both were excellent! We had a bottle of the house white which was great ($20 ) and split a dessert to die for. Overall. A very enjoyable dining experience; we will return shortly!

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Risotto made per order (be prepared for a little extra time-worth the wait). Octoberfest menu was a nice addition of choices from regular menu.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I have been here twice - once for dinner and once for lunch. Excellent both times. For dinner, I had the Steak Diane - very tasty and not too mustardy, which is common with restaurants that dare to try to make it. Their version had a nice tangy sauce that didn't overwhelm the meat. It came with a twice baked potato - so fluffy and light - and something you don't find too many places. The bread is homeade with a few herbs in it - but not too herby like some places make it. The dessert was excellent and big enough for 6 people to have a bite. It was an Italian cake.

For lunch, I had the cous cous salad - excellent - a simple salad that tasted so good. And they don't overdress the salad - which is so common in Ft. Myers. My companion had the dagwood sandwich - and it had real turkey, not the processed junk most places serve.

This is a small simple place. Nothing fancy here. But it has basic homemade food. I can see why it's #1 on Trip Advisor.

1  Thank clubnev
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We dined at the Kenwood Lane Grille during our recent visit to the Fort Myers area. As we are from Boston and an endless choice of excellent restaurants, we were mildly disappointed with the areas endless choices of ho hum chain restaurants and "bad pizza". We checked Tripadvisor and were not disappointed with the number one choice in Fort Myers, the Kenwood Lane Grille. I always check out a menu prior to visiting and had my heart set on the swordfish. However, I quickly changed my choice when I saw the Octoberfest menu. My wife opted for the schnitzel and I chose the chicken parikash. Both were exceptional choices as both were served with the most delicious red cabbage and homemade spaetzle. We ordered a bottle of white wine and went with the recommended homemade pound cake, sliced almonds, and chocolate dessert. The service was exceptional even while being short staffed. The owner's wife served us and the entire dining room with a smile on her face as she stopped to have friendly conversation at each and every table. You know when you are in this restaurant that they work hard to serve good food and provide an excellent dining experience. And it gets better...the prices are great....all of this in an area that has a really poor selection of good restaurants. Run...don't walk to the Kenwood Lane Grille!

1  Thank cjl00_0