“HIDDEN GEM”

Kenwood Lane Grille
Ranked #68 of 855 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: American, International, Contemporary, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Lunch & Dinner, last seating at 8:00, Casual decor, Some outside seating, Beer & Wine
“HIDDEN GEM”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

You will never find this place unless you go looking for it. It is worth seeking out, however. We thought our dinners were of quite a high quality. We started with complementary fresh from the oven dinner rolls, followed by the Taste Platter of stuffed mushrooms, shrimp & potato pancakes. Then the homemade soup & salad with special dressing.

For our entree we had the Stuffed Shrimp with veggies & twice baked potato and the Wiener Schnitzel with red cabbage and spaetzels.

Everything was absolutely delicious, but of course we ordered way too much food, so we took a good bit of it home for the next day. Yummy.

Food - 4 1/2 STARS
Service - 5 STARS
Location - 3 STARS
Ambiance - 3 STARS

2 Thank Jdeppman

Ft.Myers
“Come see why they are "The Best"”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I have not met a team of people more determined to satisfy a customer and make them feel welcomed and appreciated. Dave is back in the kitchen slaving away. He works diligently to
Keep the menu fresh and new for frequent repeat customers: the Oktoberfest menu is proof of that. Jean is the waitress working the crowd. She is obviously and with good reason proud of
The work her husband turns out and she is willing to show you what others have ordered. Come try the food and you will be a return customer. We had the appetizer sampler with the potato
Pancakes, crab stuffed mushrooms and slightly spicy shrimp: I'm hungry all over again just
Thinking of them. They were quite tasty. I loved the twice baked potatoes. Nice that they were
Heated all the way through which in other places is not the case. I could go on and on but go
See for yourselves. It's worth a visit.

Tampa, Florida
“Artist At Work”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Tucked away on the quiet back street, Kenwood Lane off busy U S 41, & College Pkwy is the culinary studio of food perfection. A quiet Tuesday night, 5 other patrons graced this establishment. The staff interfaced with the customers as friends, all knowing each others names. The atmosphere was one of a home spun eatery with a likeable engaging staff who ernestly desired only satisfaction from their customers and a willingness to do whatever was required to insure that satisfaction. I was greated and seated by Nada at a bright booth near the window where I could peruse my paper.

Immediately, beverage orders taken( a nice full bodied Cab and water with lemon). The promise of fresh aromatic rolls and a savory cup of onion bisque. Soup & rolls arrived shortly afterward and were delicious as promised.

For the main event, I ordered Batter dipped Chicken w/ artichokes. This came with chicken atop a grilled palenta cake surrounded by the artichokes,garbanzo beans, tomatoes, mushrooms, capers and a lucious white wine reduction. I cleaned my plate, scraping the recesses with my fork. Mom would be proud, my wife... not so much.

Needless to say, at this juncture I was packed. Butttt, the staff was not finished tempting me. They ran thru strudels, Super choclaty grinache cakes, and others but I chose a fresh pound cake with chocolate and whip cream. Packed or not, it slid down with a smile, making for one very happy tummy.

The finances were inexpensive for the fare and the chef is, well, an artist. Keep in mind that other than trip advisor they do no advertising. They like it intimate and so will you. For my part, I'll be back for more.

2 Thank John D
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“A most definite "FIND"”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

What happens when a corporate executive chef leaves the Big Time and opens a little place in an out-of-the-way resort area, with emphasis on quality food and careful preparation? It's a FIND for those of us lucky enough to stumble into the restaurant (guided by Trip Advisor). We visited October 1, just as they started the Oktoberfest menu. The Schnitzel and Sauerbraten were wonderful. The carrot soup was amazing. Now a quote from one of our group:"We had more laughter at our table than all the rest of the tables combined. The waitress/ wife of the chef didn't help matters any, as she is a hoot! As our dinners came out, she paraded them around the dining room to a chorus of 'Ooh!' and 'I want that!'." So you have a fun place with excellent food. What more could you want? Oh, yes - it isn't nearly as expensive as you would expect.

1 Thank SantaFeDiva
Cape Coral, Florida
“I KNOW what the fuss is!”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

It's possibly the BEST restaurant in SW Florida! I have eaten here for both lunch and dinner and have been very impressed each and every time. The food is fresh and handmade by Chef David and served by a very cordial wait staff. Friends (both local and out of state) and my family rave about this place, and for good reason! Love the quaintness of this restaurant also.

2 Thank Karen D